The Cadets - 2014

Oh God yes. That's, of course in your opinion. And I have mine. And everyone has theirs. Obvious we won't agree. If they get within .5 of the Blue Devils at any time over the next two weeks or so, run away from who is behind them, AND have one of the bigger reactions championship week then I'll eat my words and call it "Effective". "Effective" is........such a subjective word wildly open to interpretation. "Effective" in realtion to the GE caption and ACTUALLY being effective where it matters with the audience are two different things. Very rarely do they meet up in recent years, occasionally. One of which gets you a ring, and one of which gets you remembered in 30 years. I'll take the latter. Every. D a m n. Day. Of. The. Week. That ending is gag worthy to me, won't catch myself going out of my way to watch. Troopers all the way this year.

And Mike? lol that is most definitely not my name. Have a nice day.

Wow..People sure do get their panties in a bunch in here over a corps a lot of people don't even like anyway. Cripes..a great bunch of people working their tails off for months and all people can do is complain and gripe over the material which they themselves probably couldn't perform nearly as well. Funny how many experts we have on here. I hope the corps keep the kids out of here !!All these kids deserve our support and not be ripped apart because someone does not like someone else for whatever reason. :dontgetit:

• Like 3

Okay here's a little general rant I have about everybody on here.

What in the world causes people to get so riled up about politics?! Whatever policy is "best" is all opinion just like every darn word that is typed onto these forums. If we're able to respect people's opinions on here, why is it so hard to respect opinions on politics?

I don't understand the hate for people who are in red suits or blue suits. I don't understand the individual hate people have for people THEYVE NEVER EVEN FREAKING MET BEFORE. Like are you kidding me? George said he can't stand Obama. Like seriously? Do you know this guy? Maybe he has a different opinion on what's best than you do, but when you say you hate a guy, you're talking about the whole person, not just his ideas. That's quite a stance on someone you don't even know.

Maybe I'll never understand but just think about it for a second. A lot of people on here are getting their blood pressures raised (and I mean literally raised) when they hear the sound or slogan of a guy wearing a suit of the red or blue variety. Isn't that sort of ridiculous? Are people that weak-minded?

/endrant

• Like 1

Okay here's a little general rant I have about everybody on here.

What in the world causes people to get so riled up about politics?! Whatever policy is "best" is all opinion just like every darn word that is typed onto these forums. If we're able to respect people's opinions on here, why is it so hard to respect opinions on politics?

I don't understand the hate for people who are in red suits or blue suits. I don't understand the individual hate people have for people THEYVE NEVER EVEN FREAKING MET BEFORE. Like are you kidding me? George said he can't stand Obama. Like seriously? Do you know this guy? Maybe he has a different opinion on what's best than you do, but when you say you hate a guy, you're talking about the whole person, not just his ideas. That's quite a stance on someone you don't even know.

Maybe I'll never understand but just think about it for a second. A lot of people on here are getting their blood pressures raised (and I mean literally raised) when they hear the sound or slogan of a guy wearing a suit of the red or blue variety. Isn't that sort of ridiculous? Are people that weak-minded?

/endrant

Um I never said I "hate" Obama. In fact I went on to state that the use of "yes we can" in the show (to remain on topic) seem very innocuous and fits well with the theme of the show which is "promise" and "optimism" - I only said "in fact I can't stand Obama" (as a President was assumed) to make the point that folks shouldn't be taking the quotes as political in nature - none of them are, if you look through the quotes used

I specifically stated I didn't have an issue with the use of the phrase and was arguing (with others) that the show isn't political AT ALL

I'm also not a very political person in general (register Independent) - but there were other folks on here trying to politicize the show - which IMO it's not

I really like the theme (to stay on topic) of the program which I guess reminds the viewer of all the struggles we've been through as a nation - civil war, slavery, depression. wars - and how we've overcome all of this. Very positive & moving.

Sorry if I was misunderstood.

Edited by George Dixon

Um I never said I "hate" Obama. In fact I went on to state that the use of "yes we can" in the show (to remain on topic) seem very innocuous and fits well with the theme of the show which is "promise" and "optimism" - I only said "in fact I can't stand Obama" (as a President was assumed) to make the point that folks shouldn't be taking the quotes as political in nature - none of them are, if you look through the quotes used

I specifically stated I didn't have an issue with the use of the phrase and was arguing (with others) that the show isn't political AT ALL

I'm also not a very political person in general (register Independent) - but there were other folks on here trying to politicize the show - which IMO it's not

I really like the theme (to stay on topic) of the program which I guess reminds the viewer of all the struggles we've been through as a nation - civil war, slavery, depression. wars - and how we've overcome all of this. Very positive & moving.

I wasn't going to assume anything when all you said was "I can't stand Obama". My statements were based on the assumption that you meant that towards him as a person. If that's not the case, substitute any generic person into my rant.

The Cadets show is about America, not politics. Anyone bringing politics up with reference to this show are haters planting negative seeds. Go back to your homer corps thread.

The Cadets show is about America, not politics. Anyone bringing politics up with reference to this show are haters planting negative seeds. Go back to your homer corps thread.

Just wanted to clear up that I do not think this show is political in nature. Whatever I'm saying is directed to the ridiculous people who are getting riled up over the show.