DCI membership votes overwhelmingly to allow ALL brass instruments in

Harding had many loves, as it turns out. Most of them had names much more mellifluous than "sousaphone."

Yes, and didn't come with the "post-discovery" problems that his other "loves" did.

(Pssst...great word!)

You two are on a roll!!! Yet another connection of Harding to Clinton, and yet another reason to add both sousaphones and saxophones to DCI. :laugh:

Is there a drum corps equivalent to the Teapot Dome scandal?

Is there a drum corps equivalent to the Teapot Dome scandal?

Started thinking about what the stories on what really killed Harding and the argument about if Drum Corps is dead and what was or will be the cause.

Doubt if bad West Coast sea food will be in the discussion thou....

I don't know about next year but after this change, I'm sure they'll be added within the next 3-5 years. I will also be done if that happens

Well that would certainly be a first considering the fact that it took 12 years to go from legalizing 2 valves to 3 valves, 10 years to go from legalizing 3 valves to Bbs and then 14 years to go from Bbs to legalizing all brass. Based on those patterns, I strongly doubt woodwinds are as close as you think. If anything, this proposal might prolong the inclusion of woodwinds. Careful what you wish for (or wish away).

Edited by bmjfelts1988

Well that would certainly be a first considering the fact that it took 12 years to go from legalizing 2 valves to 3 valves, 10 years to go from legalizing 3 valves to Bbs and then 14 years to go from Bbs to legalizing all brass. Based on those patterns, I strongly doubt woodwinds are as close as you think. If anything, this proposal might prolong the inclusion of woodwinds. Careful what you wish for (or wish away).

I strongly disagree with you; woodwinds are closer than you think because they are already legal in the DCI pre-shows if a corps desires to use them.

Thanks. Jeff may be astonished, but I really did count how many members were in each corps. It wasn't that hard. Some counting I did live last summer, but most I took from the Fan Network or in a few cases, Youtube; it only takes a couple minutes to count the dots in a high-camera freeze frame. I listed my counts for Open Class corps here last fall, when comparing their sizes to that of Tampa Bay Thunder, who were then announced as moving form DCA to DCI. Doubtless I made some mistakes, but I feel confident the figures are pretty good. Note that the figures I used for this discussion were only for corps appearing at championships, so Coastal Surge, Columbians, City Sound and so on were not included in my calculations.

I'm impressed. my Attention Drummers Disorder wouldnt let me go there LOL

it'll happen, but I have a hunch they'll be quiet on really major changes for a while with instrumentation. I'm sure it'll be proposed, but I don't see passage for a while

I strongly disagree with you; woodwinds are closer than you think because they are already legal in the DCI pre-shows if a corps desires to use them.

And when was the last time you saw a woodwind instrument used in a pre-show. Uhhh........never.

Edited by bmjfelts1988