It's really this simple folks

What about the individuals on here who aren't extreme and who actually post interesting and complimentary stuff? There are many here.

There are some things posted here that are informative beyond anything I could ever read. Garfield's 990 analysis last year was one of the most interesting things I've read here. There are many others. Speaking of Garfield again, he's working on supporting that guy on youtube - he's giving his own money and matching what others are giving. Wouldn't you want to see that?

the craziness overrides the good that is here.

• Like 1

What about the individuals on here who aren't extreme and who actually post interesting and complimentary stuff? There are many here.

There are some things posted here that are informative beyond anything I could ever read. Garfield's 990 analysis last year was one of the most interesting things I've read here. There are many others. Speaking of Garfield again, he's working on supporting that guy on youtube - he's giving his own money and matching what others are giving. Wouldn't you want to see that?

it always happens that the extremes get the atttention ( no tin a good way for sure )

the craziness overrides the good that is here.

Is the glass half empty or half full? :silly:

I think the good overrides the craziness here. After all, you have 156,000+ posts on here. You are either a psych doctor, a glutton for punishment, or you actually like being around.

I vote on number 3.

it always happens that the extremes get the atttention ( no tin a good way for sure )

That's not a problem with DCP then. It's part of what we live each day.

You also post some great stuff here. You are part of the positive side of this place.

Is the glass half empty or half full? :silly:

I think the good overrides the craziness here. After all, you have 156,000+ posts on here. You are either a psych doctor, a glutton for punishment, or you actually like being around.

I vote on number 3.

No, I frequent the OT forums, which used to be a lot busier back when I had all day and night to play on here.

I'm not ashamed of DCP. At times I'm ashamed of some of the posters

Whenever I talk with people about DCP, I tell them that my impression is that right or wrong, good or bad, like it or not, some of the most hard core fans (old and new) come here to discuss the activity. Arguably, those who come here have their finger on the pulse of the activity. And, as long as there is a pulse, it is a place to come and discuss and feed the animal. It's when the discussions stop that the activity may be truly done... in my opinion.

When I want to discuss golf, I go to the discussion boards at the golf channel (this place is a nursery compared to that place)

When I want to discuss fantasy football, I have numerous places to go with good insight and discussion.

The same applies to the law enforcement discussion board I frequent.

Anyway, you get the idea,

When I need my drum corps fix. I come here, like many of you. Not to solve the problems of the world or the activity, but to check the pulse and read what you all have to say.

I believe that despite what the dis tractor's may say, they come here to. Otherwise why and how would they know what is being written. As others have pointed out, there are often numerous anonymous people reading. They evidently are afraid to post. I dunno. I suspect we'd all be surprised (or maybe not) at who they are and their the positions they hold in the activity.

Just like the old George Carlin bit... Who are they? The unseeable people who rule the world.

For me? I don't care what they say.

Sorry for the ramble.

That's not a problem with DCP then. It's part of what we live each day.

You also post some great stuff here. You are part of the positive side of this place.

thanks I appreciate it although there has also been times where I vowed never to come back here , then i do. Don 't know how positive I am or come off just try to be as honest as i can be and maybe throw into the mix my decades in the activity. True there can be some here maybe longer or maybe have done more but I do span the BITD age to today. I just happen to be one of those people who stayed in the activity, the good and bad of that ..lol....and survived longevity which to some degree as in many things can be very hard.

It's just another perspective I try to bring even if others may not agree.

But we come back.

not as much as I used to. Ok the job and little one help distract me, but I'm less likely to mention DCP in causal conversation

dcp really isnt very large at all IMO. the other social medias have much more activity. DCP is alot of the same people, although there's actually been a few different recently. I know we like to think that whatever polls etc etc here represent the activity but it really isn't close......Actually polls in general ( news networks ) always say MARJORITY OF AMERICANS SAY...BLAH BLAH BLAH..then you see the poll consisted of something like 1800 people,.....hmmmm marjority of americans?,,,,,hmm I think not......lol anyways as Jeff Ream also said I would agree it's not a place looked on favorably. I think maybe because of sometimes EXTREME INDIVIDUALS which also don't represent the activity ( although most always like in any activity they always seem to think they do )

There's a whole science that includes figuring out appropriate sample sizes in various populations; it's called "Statistics".

A LOT of people in the past have put in countless hours to develop a way that allows them to estimate how people feel about "things" without polling the majority population. I'm not sure how many DCPers are around, and I don't know what the total sample size related to DCI would be, but I'm guessing that there aren't millions of fans. I'm guessing that there are enough people on DCP to have a reasonable level of precision about many topics relevant to DCI. Of course larger sample sizes mostly lead to better precision when estimating unknown parameters, but that's not always the case. Eh, I still think that DCP is pretty representative of the DCI community at large. There are extremes here, yes, but every opinion is represented here. Also, a thing to consider is that it is possible to have the majority of DCI participants feel one way about an issue while the DCI community as a whole feel another way about an issue.

I imagine this happens in government a LOT. Like it happens with Congress a LOT... :satisfied: