Jersey Surf Returns to Traditional Navy-Blue Uniforms

I hope they are as entertaining as ever.. Not to be mean to the judges, but I''ll leave all that " clean " stuff for them alone to determine, and how much JS values that input from them. All that is out of my domain as a fan anyway. Given a choice of watching and listening to an entertaining show or a clean show, thats a no brainer for me. I'll take the former over the latter every time.

Entertainment value very often comes from being clean so I don't understand why you mock cleanliness.

• Like 6

Entertainment value very often comes from being clean so I don't understand why you mock cleanliness.

No it doesn't. Not for me anyway. Your requirement that a Corps entertainent value be tied to " clean " is your requirement ( which is fine ). But its not a requirement for me. I won't tolerate sloppiness, but I can ( and have ) enjoyed Corps shows that were less " clean " than others.. Jersey Surf of 2 years a good example of this. So you make the incorrect assumption that what you personally require is essential for others. But as you can see, it is not. Besides, your definition of " clean " might differ from others ( and mine with others ) as well. For example, I have been able to look past the out of step movements ( not in unison ) of todays marchers when theyy move from position to position in high velocity and instead to appreciate the big picture of the brilliancy of the form created with such marcher movement. I have witnessed the discrepancy of the incorrect instrument positioning, and the " unclean " hand positioning on the instrument as highly " unclean " in uniformity. Even performers seen out of step in high velocity moves, even by high placing Corps that go unnoticed in some quarters. So even the definition of " clean " can vary amongst the fan base as well. ( Which is cool too ). The nice thing about what we find " entertaining " ( in all music )is that it is ALL highly personal and highly subjective and needs no fundamental requirements shared by all.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

I didn't get that sentiment from their reply.

He disparages and mocks "cleanliness" in one post and then goes on to retract his initial line-in-the-sand stance to offer different dimensions of cleanliness where he outlines those that affect his entertainment value of a show and those that don't. So, why make a short story longer? I just cut to the chase.

Plus he really isn't doing Jersey Surf any favors because I know that corps works very hard to clean and the staff they have works very hard to achieve that goal. So I don't see what value there is in waiving the importance of cleaniless from a corps who's goal is to be clean and entertaining... especially one whom he says he is entertained by but neglects those factors that make it so....

Edited by charlie1223

The navy blue uniforms are really classy, good to see them going back to them. As long as they keep the fun, the uniform is secondary

But that's why Jersey Surf is so loved and popular! They don't care about how clean or how deep the meanings of their show are, they only want to entertain us and that's why they are the crowd favorite. They are like Lamborghini's! Not as fast as a Ferrari, not as carefully engineered as a McLaren, but they aren't meant to be. The only reason we like Lamborghini's is because they are silly! They make people happy! As well as Surf.

and every year, performance gets a little better. having pretty much a full tour will help

But that's why Jersey Surf is so loved and popular! They don't care about how clean or how deep the meanings of their show are, they only want to entertain us and that's why they are the crowd favorite. They are like Lamborghini's! Not as fast as a Ferrari, not as carefully engineered as a McLaren, but they aren't meant to be. The only reason we like Lamborghini's is because they are silly! They make people happy! As well as Surf.

but they're not entertaining... sloppy and dirty is never entertaining.

both Bridgemen and VK did "fun", but they worked extremely hard at it, designed it well and were exceptionally clean... that's what made it fun and entertaining.

by your logic McDonalds doesnt have to be good quality, just something to eat, regardless of how bad it makes you feel and look.

oh, and dont overstate it by comparing them to a Lamborghini ... more like they are a Ford Focus

Edited by Scott St Sinclaire
  • Like 1