drum corps on ESPN

2 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

When I read that, I first thought What in the #### then I figured out WITF is a radio station.

well...its both and a TV station too.

like one that cut away from Garfields down ending in 87, and then when the phones exploded they came back on to say they weren't cutting away from the performances.

then before awards ( since BD went on last as defending champ) kinda almost sorta admittedish they did cut away.

12 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

well...its both and a TV station too.

like one that cut away from Garfields down ending in 87, and then when the phones exploded they came back on to say they weren't cutting away from the performances.

then before awards ( since BD went on last as defending champ) kinda almost sorta admittedish they did cut away.

My favorite was big screen in background showing corps coming in for retreat. Head “groveling for dollars” guy saying “you’re not missing anything” in front of the screen.

Ultimate was cutting away from Finals to go to state Capitol for budget vote. PA was late on budget again. Crossmen were only PA corps in Finals that year. You could see Crossmen coming out while previous corps was performing. Then…. “we’re cutting away to go to the Capitol “. 😱🤬🤬🤬🤬

On 5/23/2022 at 2:13 PM, Hook'emCavies said:

If it weren't ESPN I wouldn't know what DCI is. Do yall remember the 04 broadcast? When they showed The Cavaliers they played Charlie Daniel's "The Devil Went Down to Georgia". Before they aired the show. Gosh, I remember it like it was yesterday. 

I definitely remember that exact moment! That was PBS though. I believe that was the last year it aired on PBS. ESPN aired DCI Finals on a delay from 2005-2007. 

• Thanks 1

SN: those were different times man. I’d bet my next paycheck that SCV’s center snare doesn’t go down the line and slap everyone in the face anymore. 

23 minutes ago, crownisking said:

I definitely remember that exact moment! That was PBS though. I believe that was the last year it aired on PBS. ESPN aired DCI Finals on a delay from 2005-2007. 

My. Good. Freaking. SIR!

Edited by Hook'emCavies
  • Like 1

Just now, Hook'emCavies said:

My. Good. Freaking. SIR!

Yeah man I just found it. This person posted the entire finals. So you already know how I’m spending the rest of my night. 2004 was the year I was introduced to drum corps so I’m on a nostalgia trip right now!

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, crownisking said:

Yeah man I just found it. This person posted the entire finals. So you already know how I’m spending the rest of my night. 2004 was the year I was introduced to drum corps so I’m on a nostalgia trip right now!

2004 Cavies made me a fan of the corps. Thanks again!

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

2004 Cavies made me a fan of the corps. Thanks again!

That’s the year we went and watched them rehearse before the first show in Oswego,Illinois and Jim said they’d be fourth place.  I got a lot of mileage out of that remark in August. 

• Haha 2