Carolina Crown 2014

2 days ago they were sitting in 3rd and all of a sudden it's catastrophe LOL I love drumcorps pundits

When we're they in third two days ago?

Look, Say what you want about them but coming in 5th place? That is one hell of an honor!!!

Look at how great SCV is and they are almost the perennial 4th place corps! They won last year. It's not like they will never win again because I am sure they will especially with that brass program.

Making 12th place this year is going to be one serious accomplishment!

Who benefits?

We do!

I was digging EVERY SINGLE performance yesterday. (well ok I don't like narration but...) They were still good!

• Like 2

Thank you George Dixon for making the point about the brass line. Not every year, but generally the brass, especially since 2007 has been the engine of the Corps, but Corps don't produce champions based on brass alone. If the Blue Devils teach anything, it is this point.

When we're they in third two days ago?

When they won the show vs Bluecoats and Vanguard on 7/17

Actually, if you look up the etymology of the word disaster it is interestingly quite aprapos for this show. It is from the Italian word disastro meaning literally 'Ill starred'. That said, I think it's a fine show that just as a whole falls short of their 2013 championship production in design and execution.

Design-wise they are trying to do long phrases. Longer musical phrases, longer visual developments and effects that last longer than an instant. That's definitely different that the shows above them that are more about the moment to moment effects and quickly switching focus and having more variety in a shorter amount of time.

The problem is they haven't convinced the judges to pay attention for that long. The second a judge says "this is still going on?", "when will they move on" then its concerning.

Edited by charlie1223

Actually, if you look up the etymology of the word disaster it is interestingly quite aprapos for this show. It is from the Italian word disastro meaning literally 'Ill starred'. That said, I think it's a fine show that just as a whole falls short of their 2013 championship production in design and execution.

I don't think that means what you think it means. If so, it would end up way worse than Phantom '09. Quit with the chicken little.

I don't think that means what you think it means. If so, it would end up way worse than Phantom '09. Quit with the chicken little.

I just thought it was amusing that the word disaster comes from the Italian term disastro meaning 'Ill starred' considering this year's theme. I don't agree that this show should considered a disaster as the term is used today. I'm not a critic of this show and enjoy it a lot. It's just that the stars may not be aligned for a repeat championship. There's still time so who knows.