Carolina Crown 2014

Interstellar Suite in the hands of this hornline has the potential to be amazing. Very intrigued...wondering if the vocals at the beginning of the video find their way to the field.

ok percussion....show time. when you announce a drum solo, you gotta deliver

• Like 1

I'm actually really glad they didn't use The Planets, as great as that would be, they couldn't have gone a more cliche and stereotypical route if they would have used them. Glad they're keeping it unique.

yeah, ...first thing I think of when a corps does a space theme is the Planets. It's always neat to hear new material that can be brought together to deliver a different turn on an old theme.

• Like 3

Ballad.

[/size]

Always thought Giacchino's work on Lost was some of the best ever written for television. Crown has certainly made a case for cornering the market for "best ballad" and continues to choose source material that plays to their strengths. Looking forward to hearing this on the field.

• Like 1

Spirit of Atlanta did a great job with Interstellar Suite. I'm very much looking foreword to hearing Crown's interpretation of that awesome piece of music.

Out of all the show announcements, I'm the most excited about this!

Any videos of this out there? Think this happened in 89 but there is nothing on the DCI FN because they didn't make finals that year.