Carolina Crown 2014

Didn't crown purposely emulate a variety of corps in their 2010 show to make fun of them?

Didn't know that was going on in Finis

c3d0981ae770f926eedf4eda7505b006.jpeg

Don't "wat" me lol. Maybe I'm remembering wrong but I remember reading a post or a topic on here that was discussing the 2010 show and how Crown named (probably internally) each section of their show after a corps.

Don't "wat" me lol. Maybe I'm remembering wrong but I remember reading a post or a topic on here that was discussing the 2010 show and how Crown named (probably internally) each section of their show after a corps.

Oh, you have been wat-ted. I've actually never heard that about that show. If there is any truth to this, that would be...uhh...interesting of them to do. They have a very nice drum corps.

• Like 1

Oh, you have been wat-ted. I've actually never heard that about that show. If there is any truth to this, that would be...uhh...interesting of them to do. They have a very nice drum corps.

Looks like we're lucky on the youtube front today. Take a look at this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTJBofoe8b0

The section at 6:30 was supposedly called the Blue Devils section. When you watch it, you can sorta see it and it's pretty funny if they were indeed doing a parody. Again this is all based off of memory though and from something I read on this forum so take it with a grain of salt.

Looks like we're lucky on the youtube front today. Take a look at this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTJBofoe8b0

The section at 6:30 was supposedly called the Blue Devils section. When you watch it, you can sorta see it and it's pretty funny if they were indeed doing a parody. Again this is all based off of memory though and from something I read on this forum so take it with a grain of salt.

Fun. I had totally forgotten they played Danzon in 2010. If this was done in the style of BD, then I think the word you are looking for is "homage" rather than "parody".

Fun. I had totally forgotten they played Danzon in 2010. If this was done in the style of BD, then I think the word you are looking for is "homage" rather than "parody".

I remember the topic mentioning "making fun of" and "feeling bitter after 09" but I agree that it could be either one :smile:

I remember the topic mentioning "making fun of" and "feeling bitter after 09" but I agree that it could be either one :smile:

If one were to make fun of BD 2009, there are a lot easier targets than a rocking brass performance with a screamer at the end! Maybe something to do with chairs...

If one were to make fun of BD 2009, there are a lot easier targets than a rocking brass performance with a screamer at the end! Maybe something to do with chairs...

And tables. Actually might as well just make a large kitchen with some clothing racks on the side. Forgot the candles? I guess these spotlights will do :tounge2: