Carolina Crown 2014

I'd still rather listen to Crown's balanced hornline than BD's soprano sound but that's just my preference.

Now that you have made that clear, it looks like DCI will have to refine the brass sheet based on your personal preference.

I'd still rather listen to Crown's balanced hornline than BD's soprano sound but that's just my preference.

Devils are every bit as balanced as Crown is...it's just a different kind of balance, which makes complete sense as they play a completely different style of music. To call Devils "unbalanced" (or infer they are) is ridiculous.

• Like 2

Devils are every bit as balanced as Crown is...it's just a different kind of balance, which makes complete sense as they play a completely different style of music. To call Devils "unbalanced" (or infer they are) is ridiculous.

Sorry should've been more specific.

I like Crown's balance infinitely more than BD's. Emphasizing bright sounding trumpets in every movement of their show just doesn't do it for me.

• Like 1

You know Crown's brass staff isn't going to be taking this lightly. BD brass must have had an exceptional night.

if I'm Crown....well...the heat on their tail is colored green

Most definitely, both corps scored have stalled a little at this show though, and the TOC shows seem to be scored a little differently. I wonder if they're experimenting with the scoring rubric at these shows?

Edited by jjeffeory

You know Crown's brass staff isn't going to be taking this lightly. BD brass must have had an exceptional night.

They're going to come roaring back, I'm sure. If Crown's not coming away with a medal (and at this point, I doubt they will), I'm sure they're going to do everything in their power to keep the Ott.

Sorry should've been more specific.

I like Crown's balance infinitely more than BD's. Emphasizing bright sounding trumpets in every movement of their show just doesn't do it for me.

Maybe the word you're looking for is approach rather than balance.

How PC are you guys going to get? I think you get the gist of what I'm saying.

Seems like all the corps that use "Crowns" approach this year have great sounding hornlines, but aren't doing as well competitively as they did last year ( Crown. Madison, Troopers).

How PC are you guys going to get? I think you get the gist of what I'm saying.

It's a better word choice. I thought it was helpful, and more accurate for what you seemed to be going for, not politically correct.

It's been a rough day on here though, so maybe I shouldn't try and be helpful by posting this?

• Like 2