Carolina Crown 2014

More importantly, you can sense the energy coming out of their show even on FN and that's a success to me.

Agreed - I've watched the Saturday night run several times... it was the best run (I've seen) of theirs all season and you could really sense the increased confidence and energy even growing just from the night before. From the weekend prior (San Antonio) the difference was measurable and obvious

Agreed - I've watched the Saturday night run several times... it was the best run (I've seen) of theirs all season and you could really sense the increased confidence and energy even growing just from the night before. From the weekend prior (San Antonio) the difference was measurable and obvious

Nice run tonight. Significant improvment in the guard since Atlanta. IMO guard dirt is holding back GE too. Crown's on the right path to get some serious improvement on the visual side of the sheets. Keep werking Crownguard!! I'm afraid alll that can be done with percussion is hope they don't get frustrated and self-destruct. They have soooo much room to improve that anything is possible (how's THAT for optimism!) .

Crown can move up.

Impossible you say?

• Like 1

I can't believe BD beat Crown in brass tonight. That's ridiculous.

• Like 3

Honestly I don't really care what crown scores in brass at this point. Not sure I'll ever understand DCI judging.

All I know is that at the end of this season, there are certain shows I will come bank many times to listen to and others I won't. This will be one of the shows I will come back to.

• Like 2

I can't believe BD beat Crown in brass tonight. That's ridiculous.

You obviously weren't there so how do you know if that's ridiculous? Lo is one of the most straight shooting judges in DCI and if he puts BD first then you better believe they earned it. BD were on fire tonight so wait and see what happens before you start judging from 10s, 100s, 1000s of miles away when the judge is 5 feet away...

You obviously weren't there so how do you know if that's ridiculous? Lo is one of the most straight shooting judges in DCI and if he puts BD first then you better believe they earned it. BD were on fire tonight so wait and see what happens before you start judging from 10s, 100s, 1000s of miles away when the judge is 5 feet away...

Albert Lo is actually one of those judges NOT in outer space this year. I saw BD at Stanford in a horn arc. I know something about playing a bugle, and let me tell you. If I had a DCI wet dream, it would be with BD and Crown's hornline. But reports are coming in from fans at the show that say BD's hornline were baller tonight.

Let's just look around and enjoy the moment. Crown has an amazing show this year!!!

Edited by superOOk
  • Like 1

I'd still rather listen to Crown's balanced hornline than BD's soprano sound but that's just my preference.

• Like 1

I'm with you on this...

I'd still rather listen to Crown's balanced hornline than BD's soprano sound but that's just my preference.

if I'm Crown....well...the heat on their tail is colored green

• Like 2