Yes, I have already maxed out my full measure of venial sins for this week Ghost ,and I don't intend to enter the realm of the mortal sins as the threat of a heat of purgatory alone gives me the willies... with The Other Place unfathomable. I can barely handle the heat of Florida in March, you know what I mean ?

Your thoughts will receive bonus points during Lent!

Your thoughts will receive bonus points during Lent!

Waaaaaay better points than DCP.

Better redemption policies in place for those points ,imo.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Looks so much better than the stock FJM. And a ton more detail. Well done.

The lack of white on the uniform harkens back to the 1995-2008 period, and the real chrome buckles were worn from about 1960 to the mid/late 90's. In what is quite possibly the coolest throwback to me IS in fact the Old English style font on the "BAC" on those buckles. The Old English look was the "brand" of Boston from 1957ish up until the mid 90's as well.

People may say this or that, but NOBODY can accuse BAC of ignoring its past with these new unis...and, my insider info tells me that members of the corps' organization WERE, in fact, the driving force behind this new design.

Naturally, small details like the "BAC" on the buckles will not be seen from the GE box....they are not supposed to. Back in the day, the buckles were worn on the crosstrap directly over the member's heart (center of the chest) to symbolize his or her love for the drum corps. While I acknowledge that these days, for many groups, the uniform is simply a costume to be one for one year to augment the theme of that year's show, I think it is noteworthy that Boston is continuing their traditional approach.

It isn't for everybody, but it works for them.

And, no one who has been to a show in the past 55 years will fail to recognize them.

• Like 2

The lack of white on the uniform harkens back to the 1995-2008 period, and the real chrome buckles were worn from about 1960 to the mid/late 90's. In what is quite possibly the coolest throwback to me IS in fact the Old English style font on the "BAC" on those buckles. The Old English look was the "brand" of Boston from 1957ish up until the mid 90's as well.

People may say this or that, but NOBODY can accuse BAC of ignoring its past with these new unis...and, my insider info tells me that members of the corps' organization WERE, in fact, the driving force behind this new design.

Naturally, small details like the "BAC" on the buckles will not be seen from the GE box....they are not supposed to. Back in the day, the buckles were worn on the crosstrap directly over the member's heart (center of the chest) to symbolize his or her love for the drum corps. While I acknowledge that these days, for many groups, the uniform is simply a costume to be one for one year to augment the theme of that year's show, I think it is noteworthy that Boston is continuing their traditional approach.

It isn't for everybody, but it works for them.

And, no one who has been to a show in the past 55 years will fail to recognize them.

Spot on. I think the small details that nobody can see are very effective because it's not for the audience or for the judges, it's for the performers and the ones who wear it that give those details meaning!

• Like 3

I'm trying to find out why I take issue with this look... Like, I do generally like the balance between the new additions and the older uniform style, but I feel like it's just a little too busy? Like, when Blue Devils change their uniforms, I think the blend of colors is just right enough that it looks clean despite how much is going on. I just feel like the black and red combination, especially on the chest, isn't very pleasing to look at. I don't know. Maybe I'll get used to them. I certainly don't DISlike them, I'm just not responding so overwhelmingly in favor of them like everybody else, and I kinda feel bad for it, haha.

I'm trying to find out why I take issue with this look... Like, I do generally like the balance between the new additions and the older uniform style, but I feel like it's just a little too busy? Like, when Blue Devils change their uniforms, I think the blend of colors is just right enough that it looks clean despite how much is going on. I just feel like the black and red combination, especially on the chest, isn't very pleasing to look at. I don't know. Maybe I'll get used to them. I certainly don't DISlike them, I'm just not responding so overwhelmingly in favor of them like everybody else, and I kinda feel bad for it, haha.

Might need to see the whole uniform and/or the whole corps wearing them.

I love the new BAC look. I can't wait till Crossmen reveal their new look soon. Hopefully it is as classy as BACs.

VERY

• Like 1

I love the new BAC look. I can't wait till Crossmen reveal their new look soon. Hopefully it is as classy as BACs.

Crossmen will reveal sometime soon. Possibly by next month or so. It WILL have an Aussie, and that's all anybody knows so far haha.