Controversy in WGI and DCI

Well. that must've left FSUbones and a couple of other posters flummoxed with this news, as they have just about had their fill of shows with any killings in them... and a " beheading ".. whoa....is now totally out of the question as they've apparently seen way too much of that stuff lately in DCI as we've learned the last couple of weeks. And thats cool too... but as you just mentioned now, some people quickly signed up to go to WGI finals in Dayton primarily and essentially BECAUSE it was guaranteed to have at least some beheadings and gore and/ or gaga for them at the show..

Well, thanks for calling me out. Didn't see Dartmouth's show, but I've heard it was a comedy routine mostly. So no, probably wouldn't have been out of the question. I can appreciate comedy. But thanks for putting words in my mouth and trying to call me out, really thank you.

• Like 3

"Now, if they had beheaded Lady Gaga they would be on to something", he said for humorous purposes only.

Yes, but this crack of yours really is sort of crass,, ie that a young woman entertainer's murder by beheading, no matter our tastes in music, would be " on to something " if it happened. I know you you stated as a lame disclaimer throw in at the end.. " for humorous purposes only ", but that didn't make the crass remark any more humorous, nor any less crass, imo.. But, to each his own of course on here.

Edited by BRASSO

Well, thanks for calling me out. Didn't see Dartmouth's show, but I've heard it was a comedy routine mostly. So no, probably wouldn't have been out of the question. I can appreciate comedy. But thanks for putting words in my mouth and trying to call me out, really thank you.

It's the internet: painting with the largest, broadest brush-strokes imaginable with little thought to truth or reasoning

** note - like anyone else, I too paint with broad strokes at times...

Edited by perc2100

I'm huessing more people going to DCI shows know about WGI than they do DCA

I would think this assessment most likely to be an accurate one ( while not quite understanding what this topic has to do with DCA in any manner .. most DCI show goers in the summer probably never heard of DCI's own "Soundsport " competition either, but this has little to nothing to do with what what we are discussing on this thread as well. )

Edited by BRASSO

I would think this assessment most likely to be an accurate one ( while not quite understanding what this topic has to do with DCA in any manner .. most DCI show goers in the summer probably never heard of DCI's own "Soundsport " competition either, but this has little to nothing to do with what what we are discussing on this thread as well. )

nevermind

Edited by GUARDLING

Well. that must've left FSUbones and a couple of other posters flummoxed with this news, as they have just about had their fill of shows with any killings in them... and a " beheading ".. whoa....is now totally out of the question as they've apparently seen way too much of that stuff lately in DCI as we've learned the last couple of weeks. And thats cool too... but as you just mentioned now, some people quickly signed up to go to WGI finals in Dayton primarily and essentially BECAUSE it was guaranteed to have at least some beheadings and gore and/ or gaga for them at the show..

no. they've had their fill of Phantom doing those things....

• Like 4

no. they've had their fill of Phantom doing those things....

Such negativity by a few posters on DCP with a Corps subject theme and portrayal that has about as many fans of what it produces in show themes and portrayals than just about any Corps in DCI the last decade. But if a couple of DCP'ers don't want to see and hear something from a Corps any more moving forward, then of course they are entitled to that opinion, and their request for needed change on what this DCI Corps ( or any DCI Corps for that matter ) has been producing on the field lately has been so noted as potentially legit criticisms too..

Edited by BRASSO

Such negativity by a few posters on DCP with a Corps subject theme and portrayal that has about as many fans of what it produces in show themes and portrayals than just about any Corps in DCI the last decade. But if a couple of DCP'ers don't like to see and hear anything any more, thats their choice as well.

youre right it is a persons choice but i think there is far less negativity here toward PR( loved by many for sure) than there was recently on not just Fantasia 12 years ago( also loved by many ) but WGI shows in general. either way one does have a right to an opinion, and things will just go on as usual. Thankfully!

Now I didnt say you posted negativity toward anything WGI..as I recall

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1

Now I didnt say you posted negativity toward anything WGI..as I recall

This is an accurate observation . I generally try and avoid commenting about something that I have such little experience with, nor much interest in. Its like the topic of DCI Judging. Some have litte experience with it or they have no interest in learning any more than what they know about it now ( this observation is not specifically directed to you by the way, it is just my general observation and assessment of the general overall fanbase of DCI Drum Corps judged competitions)

Edited by BRASSO