It'd s good show, but you can not judge it properly on the current sheets.

It's a strange bird...

I have to agree with your judging comment. I have grown to love the show. BAC is the only remaining national junior corps that calls Massachusetts home, I'm a root for the home team guy, and the fact they survived after so much turmoil has earned them my loyalty, but I figured I'd only love them this year because they are BAC, but the show has grown on me and i appreciate how hard they have worked at it. I don't think we'll see a similar show for their 75th next year, but I applaud them. However, on Thursday night, the crowd reaction was interesting. BAC had to feel the love, but some anecdotal reactions were interesting. One old timer sitting near me who told me he marched before I was born, which would have been at least fifty one years ago, complained they couldn't play "Conquest" which is in a minor key in this year's show. A woman sitting in front of me loved it, cheered all the way through it, cannot wait to see it at the movie theater next week, but laughed the way we laughed in enjoyment if a Bridgemen or VK show. People don't know what to make of the show and the judges don't either which explains the diverse scores throughout the season.

I have to agree with your judging comment. I have grown to love the show. BAC is the only remaining national junior corps that calls Massachusetts home, I'm a root for the home team guy, and the fact they survived after so much turmoil has earned them my loyalty, but I figured I'd only love them this year because they are BAC, but the show has grown on me and i appreciate how hard they have worked at it. I don't think we'll see a similar show for their 75th next year, but I applaud them. However, on Thursday night, the crowd reaction was interesting. BAC had to feel the love, but some anecdotal reactions were interesting. One old timer sitting near me who told me he marched before I was born, which would have been at least fifty one years ago, complained they couldn't play "Conquest" which is in a minor key in this year's show. A woman sitting in front of me loved it, cheered all the way through it, cannot wait to see it at the movie theater next week, but laughed the way we laughed in enjoyment if a Bridgemen or VK show. People don't know what to make of the show and the judges don't either which explains the diverse scores throughout the season.

It will be interesting to see how it sounds in the dome. What your hear outside may not be what you hear inside. The drill has come together nicely so much more going on every where you look and it is clean. Like I said at the beginning of the year (This show will be hard to judge)(musically and drill wise very complex).

Tonight, though Boston's overall score went up more than six-tenths, they had no Box Five captions (only a half-caption: one of the percussion judges put them there). And over the past two shows, their rate of improvement has slowed to 0.523/day, which would give them 92.005 at Finals, rather than the 94+ there were trending toward just a week ago (astonishing as that may seem). Hmm.

I am impressed that they were less than one point behind BK, who had broken 90 three days ago. Both corps have a four-hour drive to Pittsburgh (so they're probably almost there), where they will next compete Sunday night. I hope they use that time, the better part of two days, to their advantage.

Boston did not leave Allentown last night. They are still at Dieruff HS. Cleaning. All day.

Boston did not leave Allentown last night. They are still at Dieruff HS. Cleaning. All day.

Yes I notice in Quincy they were working on dynamics of the horn line getting ready for the end. They might add something as well. I will leave to your imagination.

Good to know.

i hope they reduce focus on musical embellishment and clean the major sets and their respective transitions. Not much else will matter if large amounts of dirt continue to exist. The perception becomes the reality:,"if they can't ever get this clean, I suppose other areas aren't clean". And credit for difficulty and complexity is restricted/limited. They need to PROVE it is cleaner.
  • Like 1

i hope they reduce focus on musical embellishment and clean the major sets and their respective transitions. Not much else will matter if large amounts of dirt continue to exist. The perception becomes the reality:,"if they can't ever get this clean, I suppose other areas aren't clean". And credit for difficulty and complexity is restricted/limited. They need to PROVE it is cleaner.

They already have done a great job. They are much cleaner. It is pretty obvious from Lawrence to last night.

I would like to see a year go by where the members, staff and some fans are not burdened by the need to hear Conquest. Please put a show together without having to pay homage to any certain group.

• Like 1

I would like to see a year go by where the members, staff and some fans are not burdened by the need to hear Conquest. Please put a show together without having to pay homage to any certain group.

and what group is that they are homage to? I believe the corps hasn't played Conquest every year. They may incorporate bites of it within some of the show very cleverly. Sometimes so subtly it is hard to find But when done it is done with respect to their heritage.
  • Like 1