Blue Devils 2014 Thread

my friend, and do consider you an online friend ( agree or not ) but sometimes it's very clear when someone comes to the site clearly just to argue,or make themselves feel good about themselves, SO at some point who cares what a person like that has to say. There's an agenda, and it has nothing to do with the subject. JMO

What is your approach to improving the transitions?

How much verisimilitude do you require? BD's show is an artistic, lyrical fantasy inspired by Fellini's oeuvre, not a point-by-point recreation of a film production.

And as far as unison guard work at the end, it might look nicer, but on the other hand, Fellini's work was all about the selfish, self-absorbed individual. There is little notion of unity in his films. Heck, the last time Italy saw any kind of unity was under Mussolini, and look how that turned out...

And the guard already spends most of the closer doing unison flag work, anyway... Who cares if they let go of it for the last few seconds?

Wow. Not sure how they're going to top this one (in terms of the actual show, not the score). I've gone through the DCI archives and watched every BD show since 1980. BD 2010 used to be my favorite. This show blows that one out of the water. Easily my favorite BD show ever and I seriously hope they have something amazing in store for next year as well!

• Like 2

Just for the record the show is Felliniesque--not an homage to Fellini films--they capture the spirit of felllini indeed and i loved the show from start to finish CONGRATULATIONS

Edited by Jast45

I'm just curious. What did the white plastic trash can that was sitting on about the fifteen on side 2 represent? I only saw the guard grab flags out of it then throw their streamers in it a couple minutes later. How did that tie into the show?

I'm just curious. What did the white plastic trash can that was sitting on about the fifteen on side 2 represent? I only saw the guard grab flags out of it then throw their streamers in it a couple minutes later. How did that tie into the show?

I'm not positive....but I suspect it was some sort of equipment storage unit.

• Like 1