Worst falls in dci

Anybody ever see the cadets 2002 fall?

I witnessed the Cadets big tumble in 1984, at Whitewater. It was heart-stopping, like watching a traffic accident.

• Like 1

Anybody ever see the cadets 2002 fall?

The one on the video? Or was there another one not involving the tuba at Finals?

Crown 2010. Luckily it got edited out of a lot of videos, but it's gut-wrenching to see.

it was horrifying live. 02 Magic looked scary. and the legendary 84 Cadets at Whitewater

Seneca Optimists, 1977 to 1978. Or isn't that the kind of "fall" you mean?

Is there any video footage of the 02 magic fall on YouTube?

End of the Blue Devils show in 2004. Tenor drummer bites it as they are "train-marching" out of the stadium. Yes it's on the DVD.

At the Columbus, OH show in 1995 one of Cadets tenors tripped over the park bench. He fell face-first, knocked the tenors off the j-hooks right before a short tenor lick (not the main one, I think this was the opener if I remember correctly). He got the drums into one of the j-hooks, but not the other, and for the tenor break, which came at a halt, he leaned to one side so the drums were visually straight for the feature, then fixed it on the next drill move.

Pretty great recovery, and I don't recall the tenor lick being noticeably dirty. I also have heard enough stories to suspect that a lot of members in that corps had plenty of practice recovering from stumbling over those props :tounge2: