2014 uniforms

I think that dress looks amazing close up. If Phantom came out with this exact dress I'd be fine with it. Not for the ensemble, though. Call me Mr. Traditionalist :tounge2:

I notice the drawing makes her look even skinnier and bigger-bosomed. I guess that's the magic of Hollywood!

It was a bad example, I'll admit, but I remember watching the Oscars when they were showing the nominees' designs, and I remember thinking the phantom outfits looked hideous. I wish I could find the photo, it would have made my point a lot better, so I'm sorry for that.

Looking at it further, the only real concern I have with the uni is that strange right arm padded shoulder and smaller gauntlet. I'm guessing they didn't want (or weren't able) to remove the oversized wing from last year there, but the whole thing makes the uniform/body look slightly off center.

I'm guessing this is probably the first use of mismatched-size gauntlets in DCI?

Mike

Looking at it further, the only real concern I have with the uni is that strange right arm padded shoulder and smaller gauntlet. I'm guessing they didn't want (or weren't able) to remove the oversized wing from last year there, but the whole thing makes the uniform/body look slightly off center.

I'm guessing this is probably the first use of mismatched-size gauntlets in DCI?

Mike

I don't think so, I thought that someone (can't remember who) either had mismatched size or simply no gaunlet on one hand... recently.

Maybe Madison?

Well, Phantom Regiment 1984 has shades of this. Not MY favorite look for Phantom, but it WAS Phantom.

MinnickDuane.jpg

Notice that the right side is dark, and the left side is white:

0.jpg

There's definitely an argument that the current new design is a nod back to their past.

I think it's indisputable their 2014 uniform is a nod back to their past. Like I mentioned it looks almost exactly like their 1989 guard costume!

FWIW I really like this uniform; I'll be curious to see it in action on the field

It would be cool if PR uni had the option to remove the ugly misshapen black and expose a beautiful all white uni

Mike

The gauntlets were differet sizes last year too...

• Like 2

I think it's indisputable their 2014 uniform is a nod back to their past. Like I mentioned it looks almost exactly like their 1989 guard costume!

Perhaps, but I'm not quite sure that what you just said is really a compliment or not. Do most male marchers that play in the Co- ed Corps brass or drumlines today want to be told that his new uniform " looks exactly like their Corps 1989 GUARD costume ?" Or am I just way behind the times now and should just consider your comment a compliment that most male marchers away from this DCP site perhaps agree with you on ?

Edited by BRASSO

FWIW I really like this uniform; I'll be curious to see it in action on the field

I'm trying to find a guard uniform closeup. You're right, sans the skirt they're wearing in this photo that they took off later to reveal tights...

11_25_2013_90regiment_600x350.jpg

Can you believe that I can not find a better picture than this? :

JenkinsCarissa.jpg

Now compare to current:

Bp_Ea_VCUCMAA_Km_G.png