2014 uniforms

Sorry Scouts, I know I just proclaimed my love for your uniforms and called them my favorites this season, but Bloo just stole my heart again. Very similar to last year which is a good thing. Love these uniforms on them.

Scouts win. wow, those are clean

yeah I agree; I really didn't like this uniform at first, and while it's grown on me a little bit I still think the white sleeves look bad. I think I liked the short sleeves with green better than white, unless the designer was going for "tanned arms REALLY pop as much/more than the green highlights" look

I REALLY want to like these, BUT it's just not happening right now.

My standard line is "I've got to see 'em grouped together and at a distance; maybe it'll look good that way.

• Like 2

All of these uniforms are pretty corny, both NOW and before. It's just what we're used to.

EXACTLY! It's freaking marching band, which in and of itself is a corny thing. Phantom is trying to condense a beautiful 130 minuteish ballet into 15 minutes, minus an orchestra and minus the actual ballet. That's kind of goofy all by itself, but at least Phantom is doing everything possible to convey changing moods and themes with an easy visual hook, and while changing uniforms isn't anything new in DCI, it looks like it has potentially to be very effective (and the color contrast, even in these still photos, is undeniably cool). I'll be curious to see how this looks tonight on the webcast and honestly until seeing 'em in action it seems lame to pre-judge them too much based on two or three still photos. We'll see in an hour or two how they work out...

• Like 1

10344348_10152069252500916_1310303988260

Bold choice. Assume that the jacket back is solid white? I personally would prefer that the front sash continue to a point on left high hip. Are the chin straps gonna go under jaw or not?

Marching technique will not be disguised. Will not get a chance to see them live this year unfortunately. Best of luck MYNWA.

• Like 1

10344348_10152069252500916_1310303988260

COOL AZZ MUSIC! COOL AZZ UNIFORMS! I hope the show is hot!

• Like 1

Scouts looking very sharp, should look awesome as an ensemble under the lights! As far as the chin straps, the drum line always has them under the nose, horn line under the chin.

Bluecoats....awesomeness! Very crisp....was thinking there would be orange instead of white, but this is their best look in many years!