2014 Cavaliers

I agree. I think this is a HECK of a lot better than the last two years. I was a little concerned when I thot of a vampire show-THIS WORKS. I also heard the brass with a little more volume-not that there were not some parts that were a little muddled-that will only get better. I can see that this show is a good vehicle for room to grow-and I can already hear some emotion at times in the brass......

Not only are they louder, they have a better sound too. I can't wait to see this show in the theater, it may be one of the better shows of the year.

Not only are they louder, they have a better sound too. I can't wait to see this show in the theater, it may be one of the better shows of the year.

I really do think they will finish at least 4th this season. They just look and sound great!! After that I am considering going to the theater event instead of waiting to see it in July.

• Like 1

I really do think they will finish at least 4th this season. They just look and sound great!! After that I am considering going to the theater event instead of waiting to see it in July.

It all depends on the competitive field, they could place 7th and still be drastically better than last year. They're certainly doing everything in their power to move up. It all comes down to what the other corps are doing.

Edited by DrumManTx

It all depends on the competitive field, they could place 7th and still be drastically better than last year. They're certainly doing everything in their power to move up. It all comes down to what the other corps are doing.

I know what you mean, but they have a great approach this season and I think it'll really apply well in the marching field.

Yup BD, Crown, and the Cadets are coming out with force. With good rumblings coming out of Boston, Bloo, and SCV, it seems that the fight for 4-7th will be pretty fierce (not trying to imply that 1-3rd will be a lock, but that everyone in the top 7 corps seem to be really pushing the boundaries this year).

From tonight's show:

IMG_05541_zps397d213b.jpg

• Like 2

HUGELY entertaining show. Some of the stuff they do with the marimbas on the field is ridiculously fun to watch. They also had one of the most beautiful ballads I heard all night at Akron last night. Just amazing. I think they started a comeback last year with their show, and it's continuing here. Wouldn't be surprised if they cleaned it up and ended top 4!

I must say that Im incredibly excited to see this show as it progresses through the summer. By watching you can just tell theres going to be many layers added to the production, you can tell theres soooo much room for more. Other corps seem to have already thrown all there eggs into the basket.

I also love the fact that theres no props all over the field. This isnt meant to be a slam on any other corps. i find it refreshing to look at a clean field and see drill that spreads from end zone to end zone without surrounding clutter and drill where the members arent marching on top of each other in order to avoid the props.

Come finals you potentially have 4 corps (BD/tables, Cadets/stage, Crown/trampolines, Coats/ramps) in the top 6 that rely on these items as integral parts of the show. Its only June and im starting to already feel like Ive seen this before and its losing the wow factor. I do think BD does the best job with the their use of the tables. The Bluecoats use of the ramps started to feel the most redundant to me, they do some very creative stuff. But most of the time I keep getting the image of Cadets 2012 12.25 show when the guard used the same ramps during the "do you hear what i hear" section.

I agree with other posters that the ballad section of Cavies show is one of the best (along with BD and Crown).