SCV 2014

Images from last week :

timkylephotography.com/scv-2014-sa

For some reason that link isn't working right...try this...

http://www.timkylephotography.com/scv-2014-sa/

Edit: Mike beat me to it...

Edited by gak27

FYI - it looks like the actual link is - www.timkylephotography.com/scv-2014-sa

Nice photos! I like the last shot of the corps in the big group set.

Mike

I am not impressed with that last set from the new ending, with all the members bunched up around the soloist. It does not look particularly interesting, and does not have much of a dramatic effect. It seems kind of thrown together, like a place-holder. I hope SCV refines this further.

• Like 1

I am not impressed with that last set from the new ending, with all the members bunched up around the soloist. It does not look particularly interesting, and does not have much of a dramatic effect. It seems kind of thrown together, like a place-holder. I hope SCV refines this further.

I feel like the whole new soft ending is too circlely. I get that they are focusing on the character(s), but I'm also left with the feeling that this may not be the final, final ending, musically or visually. I've been wrong before, though.

I feel like the whole new soft ending is too circlely. I get that they are focusing on the character(s), but I'm also left with the feeling that this may not be the final, final ending, musically or visually. I've been wrong before, though.

I am guessing that the final version will have the horns and guard doing some kind of choreographed dance move around the soloist, ending with a posed tableau. Then the Phantom will disappear to the sound of helicopters.....

I think the ending will make more sense by this weekend - there is a reason that they are in that form at the end. Bit of an homage to a past SCV ending.

I would love if at the end of the show, the trombones actually did some drill, instead of just being parked at the front. I mean, no corps has done drill with bones before, so it would be really eye-catching. And they could do some interesting visuals with those long slides. Like I always say, if you're gonna use trombones, use them all the way.