DCI West - Stanford, CA

Watching the SCV show....very cool interpretation and revamp. I like it a lot. When I heard the announcement of the their show this year, I had my reservations. Can't wait to see the finish product! BD is also really good too. Maybe a west coast top 2 in Indy.

Much more accessible (and successful) program choices from Crossmen this year over last year's protest show.

Half of the music in last year's show was pop music. How is that not accessible?

I was just re viewing these shows...

The boys of SCV and BD color guards have some major "guts" for taking on the costumes and roles handed to them.

After seeing them, some of those boys have bigger "guts" than others but surely I digress. I suspect they are to be viewed high up because close up is not good.

Half of the music in last year's show was pop music. How is that not accessible?

Because it wasn't well-arranged, and the show choices were pretentious and off-putting to much of the audience.

"What do we want?!" A more entertaining show concept.

"When do we want it?!" Next season. Fortunately for them, they delivered.

Edited by Slingerland
  • Like 3

SCV was really clean. I liked the 04 production better because it had that emotional ending. I hope they do something like that in this show as it's not finished yet. Their pit is real good.

SCV was really clean. I liked the 04 production better because it had that emotional ending. I hope they do something like that in this show as it's not finished yet. Their pit is real good.

The drill in this year's show is really nice. There was one part where they do that winding follow-the-leader drill which looked very similar to what Myron Rosander did in 2004. I wonder if it was a tribute to that.

• Like 1

I loved SCV 2004 and I am admittedly not a Poulan fan....but I LOVED what he did with Rimsky Korsakov that season.

So naturally I thought...."Wow I love JD Shaw's work! This should be even better!!!" Nope. I was disappointed. I'll give it a few more viewings before I write it off, but it's hard to beat that 04 offering

You know what is crazy? I saw BD at the pre-show BBQ and they blew me away (played, I think, their entire show). Then later that night, when I saw the show from the skybox, it felt ridiculously complicated and the music suffered quite a bit. So I am truly confused with BD right now...