TOC- THE exSIGHTment OF SOUND; Houston, TX

Hourly Forecast Detailed

1am:The Houston, TX forecast for Jul 18 is 79 degrees and Clear. There is 83 percentage chance of rain and 11 mph winds from the South.

4am:The Houston, TX forecast for Jul 18 is 79 degrees and Clear. There is 86 percentage chance of rain and 7 mph winds from the South.

7am:The Houston, TX forecast for Jul 18 is 82 degrees and Patchy light rain. There is 89 percentage chance of rain and 9 mph winds from the South.

10am:The Houston, TX forecast for Jul 18 is 87 degrees and Thundery outbreaks in nearby. There is 80 percentage chance of rain and 9 mph winds from the South-Southwest.

1pm:The Houston, TX forecast for Jul 18 is 93 degrees and Thundery outbreaks in nearby. There is 59 percentage chance of rain and 11 mph winds from the South-Southwest.

4pm:The Houston, TX forecast for Jul 18 is 89 degrees and Patchy light rain in area with thunder. There is 55 percentage chance of rain and 13 mph winds from the South.

7pm:The Houston, TX forecast for Jul 18 is 88 degrees and Patchy light rain in area with thunder. There is 62 percentage chance of rain and 11 mph winds from the South.

10pm:The Houston, TX forecast for Jul 18 is 81 degrees and Clear. There is 79 percentage chance of rain and 8 mph winds from the South.

:(

The thing to remember about Houston weather forecasts is this: The city is so huge that you can have a complete washout in one area and the other 3/4 of the city stays dry. It can be very frustrating. Come to think of it - living in Houston is generally very frustrating. :ninja:

• Like 2

It also tends to rain 5-10 minutes at a time with flashy lightning and thunder and then vanish, like a meteorological David Copperfield.

Edited by geluf
  • Like 2

Hourly Forecast Detailed

1am:The Houston, TX forecast for Jul 18 is 79 degrees and Clear. There is 83 percentage chance of rain and 11 mph winds from the South.

4am:The Houston, TX forecast for Jul 18 is 79 degrees and Clear. There is 86 percentage chance of rain and 7 mph winds from the South.

7am:The Houston, TX forecast for Jul 18 is 82 degrees and Patchy light rain. There is 89 percentage chance of rain and 9 mph winds from the South.

10am:The Houston, TX forecast for Jul 18 is 87 degrees and Thundery outbreaks in nearby. There is 80 percentage chance of rain and 9 mph winds from the South-Southwest.

1pm:The Houston, TX forecast for Jul 18 is 93 degrees and Thundery outbreaks in nearby. There is 59 percentage chance of rain and 11 mph winds from the South-Southwest.

4pm:The Houston, TX forecast for Jul 18 is 89 degrees and Patchy light rain in area with thunder. There is 55 percentage chance of rain and 13 mph winds from the South.

7pm:The Houston, TX forecast for Jul 18 is 88 degrees and Patchy light rain in area with thunder. There is 62 percentage chance of rain and 11 mph winds from the South.

10pm:The Houston, TX forecast for Jul 18 is 81 degrees and Clear. There is 79 percentage chance of rain and 8 mph winds from the South.

:(

Does not look good, but we can hope that what ever might come through it goes by fast.

• Like 1

Does not look good, but we can hope that what ever might come through it goes by fast.

Yeah, honestly.

Try living in Clear Lake right now. The construction project on I45 down here is a nightmare that won't end for years.

In 1981 while on tour with Memphis Blues we got stuck in an I-45 South construction traffic jam. Same thing when I move here in '86. I suspect the construction started on that freeway before Texas was a state.

Edited by bluesman

In 1981 while on tour with Memphis Blues we got stuck in an I-45 South construction traffic jam. Same thing when I move here in '86. I suspect the construction started on that freeway before Texas was a state.

Santa Anna's final undoing.

That does it with the rain. From now on the corps have new names:

Canoe Devils

Cloudets

Carolina Drown

Raincoats

Sans Umbrella Vanguard

Navaliers

Fintom Regiment

Boston Crew Waders

Blow Knights

Madison Spouts

No Stars

Crosswind

Bolts

Groupers

Spirit of Atlantis *

* Credit to davidmccain, who I see thought of this one before I did.

Edited by skevinp
  • Like 7

Show day!!! Just woke up actually... It's kinda cloudy right now.

Just looked at the forecast for the day, it seems like the rain is mostly going to be in the morning. According to noaa there is a 20% chance of rain tonight. I'll take that over 70% or 80%. Looks promising for the show tonight

Edited by Hook'emCavies
  • Like 1

Looking a lot better for tonight.

FYI for those using 290 going to the show. Avoid Baker Cypress exit!!! It is a mess and the overpass is down to one lane both ways. Post show, the overpass and freeway will be closed.

Exit Telge, turn left and go to West Road. Turn right on West and it will take you right to the Berry Center

8:15AM Houston.

It's about 77 degrees now, basically still wet, and very very humid. UNCOMFORTABLE OUTSIDE.

Today is a day to basically stay indoors with lots of cold air conditioning.