PPL Patibulation - Chester, PA -- 6 July 2014

If Crown's GE scores were matching their music and visual, they'd probably be on top. Interested to see what they do over the 6 days they're taking off to fix that.

I think this will have huge impact on the top three come finals. This week will make or break Crown, and could very well be the difference between them competing for 1st, medaling, or letting Cadets/Coats hang in the top three. Crazy pressure on them, being the current champions, but I'm sure the staff and designers have some good tricks up their sleeves to bring this show's GE up to it's performance scores. Can't wait for next Saturday.

Edited by defeldus

If Crown's GE scores were matching their music and visual, they'd probably be on top. Interested to see what they do over the 6 days they're taking off to fix that.

It will be interesting to see what everyone will be doing to add and fix what they need to. This race will end finals night.. not before. Still have BD, SCV, Cavies in the mix. Cannot count anyone out. :exclamation:

This week will make or break Crown, and could very well be the difference between them competing for 1st, medaling, or letting Cadets/Coats hang in the top three.

I doubt that " this week will make or break Crown ". We havn't even had the first regionals yet. Crown looks to me that they will be in this thing to repeat right up too and including the Semi's.( They'll have to win the Semi's to repeat, imo,) but they are right in the hunt to get 2nd anyway ( with BD the lead dog all the way it looks like right now ).

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

Just got back to NYC from the show. I'm too tired to post a full review tonight. But I will say all the corps were fantastic tonight. First time seeing Crown live and they did not disappoint. Bluecoats were the star tonight. They were great. Cadets...well, there's nothing to describe them other than NAILS. They pretty much nailed almost everything tonight. No surprise they took percussion tonight. Boston's show is excellent. It's dark and it seems like "Animal Farm" is the devil's version of an animal farm. Spirit was great. Typical down-home-comfort-food type show. Excellent!

Nighty night.

• Like 2

Ditto as well. Corps were great. Cadets are executing very well. Crowd loved Coats and literally gasped at crowns big brass sound. All the corps did fantastic. Great season so far.

Ditto as well. Corps were great. Cadets are executing very well. Crowd loved Coats and literally gasped at crowns big brass sound. All the corps did fantastic. Great season so far.

Yeah my heart almost got punched out of my chest at that first hit.

What a great dogfight we have going on up top. Cadets are owning GE (with Bloo right on their heels), but outside of that, every other caption is like a free-for-all between those 3. Coats getting massive credit in Visual Analysis...which is a big change. The guard caption for Bloo is fairly bipolar it seems. I guess the guard judges either love or don't love it and it depends on who's there.

I actually think the deciding factor between the 3 is going to come down to what happens with the Music caption. That sucker is all over the place.

Vanguard is the wildcard right now. It's hard to say where they are. They could be in that top 4 fight, or they could be in the 5-7 grouping. Can't wait to get them with the rest of the pack.

Edited by geluf

Cadets owning GE last night, and Crown generally owning performance. Not sure which corps you want to be, going into mid-July!

Crown has like the whole week off, so I'm sure they're taking care of some GE issues.

Cadets have a day off here and there, hopefully adding even more GE with uniform changes and maybe we'll finally see the finale. Every time I wonder if the show might max out, so far they stay ahead, and actually pull a little further ahead.

By the rankings, Coats perhaps have a little more work to do than these other two corps, but they're more or less tied with Crown, and with the talent and an appreciative crowd on their side, they're dangerous.

Cadets owning GE last night, and Crown generally owning performance. Not sure which corps you want to be, going into mid-July!

Crown has like the whole week off, so I'm sure they're taking care of some GE issues.

Cadets have a day off here and there, hopefully adding even more GE with uniform changes and maybe we'll finally see the finale. Every time I wonder if the show might max out, so far they stay ahead, and actually pull a little further ahead.

By the rankings, Coats perhaps have a little more work to do than these other two corps, but they're more or less tied with Crown, and with the talent and an appreciative crowd on their side, they're dangerous.

The Cadets haven't been pulling ahead at all. These three are within .5 total score and trading subcaptions 3 ways. Cadets are the leader with undefeated wins... but there is no clear leader. Also, as someone else suggested... "Crown has a lot of pressure on them as current champions...". I don't think this is remotely true considering their obvious competitive standing. No current champion ever has pressure to win... they only are under pressure to consistently demonstrate that they could win and are therefore contenders. This is where the Bluedevils and Cadets are at every year, and it certainly is where Crown is at right now. The concept of pressure on the champion is an overstated and misplaced myth... especially given that consecutive wins are unique and somewhat uncommon (particularly 3 consecutive wins).