First regional this week! DCI La Crosse.

It is kind of funny. During their show I read numerous posters comment that the Bluecoats were having a down night. After the recaps are posted I read they were hosed by a judge or judges. Who is right?

You have to at least love the evil Conquest.

But they put the bugle call after the grunt area. I wanted to grunt!

\

It is kind of funny. During their show I read numerous posters comment that the Bluecoats were having a down night. After the recaps are posted I read they were hosed by a judge or judges. Who is right?

Re-viewing the show from last night, the Cadets percussion kicked butt and took names...simple as that...incredible execution against drill demand (and, I really dig the Bluecoats drumline..very hip).

He delivers it excellently and it fits the concept without overdoing it. Hardly an issue.

The narration interrupts the music. I can't stand a speaker telling a story with a 149 person backup. Huge distraction from what is going on with the field show.

Edited by DrumCorpsFan27
  • Like 2

Regarding a certain judge and her attire: Yes, she did not look professional and was a distraction, but I am fairly sure that personal attacks, even when directed at someone outside the forums, are against the rules, not to mention bad form. I am sure we are all fit, trim, and Adonis-like in stature, but perhaps we can tone down the cruelty, just a bit?

/soapbox

• Like 5

You think the pit steals those frisbees during the day and plays frisbee golf with them?

What is the point of the frisbees? I don't like them.

I don't like the trampolines either but a guess jet packs are too expensive! :lol:

Just not a big fan of this space show, I guess. It's all that and a bag of fries, super sized. A case of 'too much'

I agree. Do you think that they feel because they won last year they have to do things like this to try and outdo last year's show?

Welcome to the world of Beth Fabrizio.

She has judged dozens of marching band contests I've been at during the fall seasons, and she always goes out of her way to wear something entirely different from the rest of the judges. Usually it is a fluffy, furry, poofy moon boot selection, combined with a mink furry top of some sort. Maybe a dress here or there. Shiny things. Sparkles.

I am just waiting for the day when it's so cold outside she wears a puff jacket with a burka.

She was really a distraction a bit too - not just for us but for the kids. I have family in Cadets, Bluecoats and Crossmen - one of the kids in Cadets said she took them by surprise......

I didn't even notice her until you pointed her out.

I noticed her right away. I didn't know she was a judge at first. It reminded me of the Troopers instructor in Ypsilanti many years ago who ended up running onto the field to reset flags that were not in the right spots.

I agree. Do you think that they feel because they won last year they have to do things like this to try and outdo last year's show?

It seems to me that last year's straight forward design would have a difficult time contending this year given the types of shows that are earning rewards. It would seem that such a conviction to change direction isn't without warrant... unfortunately.