Fort Wayne Formication - 7/8/14

What?

I watched the show on the Fan Network , and the announcer ( who appeared to be pacing around in the pit area ) seemed to be SCREAMING to generate some level of excitement , same loud level for every corps.

Ghost,

Knight didn't mention anything TO KMB. My joke was based on one of Knight's most famous sound-bites...at an on-Campus Pep Rally following Indiana's 1986 NCAA championship.

Knight (as usual) was taking some heat for some of his actions during the tournament. After winning, he was asked to speak at the Champions Homecoming celebration. His words? :

"When I'm dead and gone, and my time on earth has passed;

I'll ask that they bury me upside down, so my critics can kiss my brass."

Except he didn't exactly say "brass"....

You can easily find the bite on Youtube.

Edited by HornTeacher

Ghost,

Knight didn't mention anything TO KMB. My joke was based on one of Knight's most famous sound-bites...at an on-Campus Pep Rally following Indiana's 1986 NCAA championship.

Another bad by me HT! Thought you wanted to type mentoring instead of mentioning. My ESP is off lately. Edited by Ghost

That's where you and I differ. I have ESP, too. But unlike you, mine is a pill, which I take 3 times daily...

Mine is called an Extra-Stupid Pill. And believe me...mine is "on" at all times.

Edited by HornTeacher

ROFL.... you freak! Don't know how better to put you. wow. well, "yes, i think everything should have a linear narrative, a Christian moral, beautiful, non-threatening, and something an illiterate can understand.... and something about the flag." right? heh. kids?

ever hear "the path IS the goal"? probably not.

Listen, Junior. You will never bully your way to approval of show designs to a dumb, freak like me. Move along.

To continue, the new Crusader uniforms are spectacular, particularly close-up. The opening 'post and rail' fence image is creative, too! I like that G-7 dig, but watching from a lower perspective, it was more difficult for me to pick-up on last night's broadcast. I think Boston will probably peak in Indy at about 8th, maybe 9th. Just wish it could achieve more fan reaction.

• Like 1

BD...musically the most I have liked them since 2006. visually, some cool moments, but that guard attire....well, I don't watch Fellini for a reason

Yes, this is my most fav BD show musically in awhile too... But the guard attire... oh my..

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

ROFL.... you freak! Don't know how better to put you. wow. well, "yes, i think everything should have a linear narrative, a Christian moral, beautiful, non-threatening, and something an illiterate can understand.... and something about the flag." right? heh. kids?

ever hear "the path IS the goal"? probably not.

Tonight a 76.65! the new ending is brilliant, the new breakout scatter/run to the corner is superbly effective. at the same time, sure, lines aren't clean, the big rotations and interleaved circles are so hard / not clean, but <we know they can be done>, and indeed these BA's know their work is really difficult. the energy inside the corps is *very* positive. the admin is very supportive.

BAC has improved every show. the Ft. Wayne show revealed a temporal tightness i was hoping for. the show itself is dark, difficult, somber, satirical, abundantly creative, and rewarding. it does not play on easy crowd-pleasing marks such as USA, veterans, religion, freedom, or the "american dream". neither did Merce Cunningham or Charles Ives. BAC took the harder course and took a lot of flak at the start, but still is thanks to some of you quickly-aging folks who are experiencing hardening of the corollaries. thank god the members (you call them KIDS but more than 1/2 are legally ready to fire a weapon in the military --- but chose music)... ... as i was saying, thank god the members don't read these forums and read such old men's armchair sputterings.

31048.jpg

• Like 1

Right now you're at a 9, I'd take it down to about a 5 or a 6.

Really digging Boston's show, but it terms of content and theme they're not breaking any new ground. No more than the Cadets are.

I'll only add that as this all relates to The Cadets ( that you brought up ), I like and enjoy this 2014 show edition of The Cadets. Its a good show. But I've seen shows with themes like this from them before.. or quite similar anyway. But Boston ? I've never seen or heard anything quite like this from any previous Boston Crusaders Drum Corps, and I've been around the block once or twice. What Boston is doing this year ,seems to me at least, is" breaking new ground "for them. If there is a more difficult show visually to execute this season than this one from Boston, then I've not seen it yet, and this one from Boston must be a close 2nd.. Its certainly right up there in marcher demand, imo. Maybe in the end, Boston might have been shown to have bit off more than they can chew here in 2014... then again, maybe not. We'll know come Finals. But this is baddazz different daring venture in 2014 from Boston. I can't say I'm entirely sold on what they're doing here in 2014 yet, but I'm lovin' that they are aggressively swinging for the fences now instead of looking to stay in their comfort zone of always hitting singles, doubles.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 4