Dekalb TOC

Just back from Dekalb... great show tonight. My quick thoughts on the corps.

Blue Devils - Thank you finally putting on a show I actually enjoyed to listen to! I do believe they will win this year. Everything just worked.

Bluecoats - first time seeing this show in person and loved it. Everything builds up to the ballad which was beautiful. Then it looses some steam for me before it builds up into the ending. Probably best use of props this year.

BlueStars - much improvement since I saw them in Rockford. They should make finals night no problem this year.

Crown - The intro is killer. Brass is awesome as always. Guard need some improvements yet. Love the solo effect they added to the ballad. Hearing that in person is awesome! Brilliant! I hope they keep pushing and tweaking and get ahead of Cadets.

Cadets - My first time seeing this show live. Everyone in my group, which was 10 of us. Could not enjoy this show. All the narration is too much. WAY TOO MUCH. And then the poor guy starts off and his mic didn't work. I hope that don't happen in finals. Sorry its just not my fav this year. And from the crowds response.... enough said.

Cavies - Much improvement since Rockford show. Show is really falling into place. Cavies are back!

Phantom - More I see the show in person the more it grows on me. Some good changes since the Rockford show.

If I had to rank them tonight it would of been:

BlueDevils

Crown

Bluecoats

Cavies

Phantom

Cadets

BlueStars

and thats my 2 cents. =)

Oh and if you want to see some photos I added find me on Twitter @highwaydude

Edited by Highwaydude
  • Like 4

Am I the only one who thinks "showing too much design to soon" is bogus? Like, how is it possible for a complete show at the beginning of the season score average mid season? Complete shows win. So how can a complete show not score high mid season? I mean, I understand judging a corps growth through out the season but if they already have an incredible show and then just clean it all year how can it be lacking in score. I'm just confused by this law.

• Like 3

I'll be the optimist in the room and say they can turn things around tomorrow and forget about the scores of the past few days. Might as well try to find a bright side. Another day, another show, another chance to try to change the judges minds

Yes. Well said. It's mid-July, & we have a lot of strong corps. It makes sense that there's some ebb & flow in placement & will continue to be. Notice the push-back already from us fans seeing Bluecoats losing ground despite having such an amazing program.

Not that it matters what is said on dcp, but I do feel that it's a general reflection of the current mood and general climate of drum corps.

I wouldn't count Bloo out, just yet. If anything, this is a great chance for the corps to dig deep & rally around the community's support & love for their 2014 show.

There's still a ways to go, folks.

The people next to me got taco bell and it smells delicious.

BOOO!

Del Taco or even Zantigo is MUCH better!

Can't stand taco bell. About once a year, I forget that fact and my digestive system kindly reminds me.

I tried Toxic Hell after many years of Del Taco. HATED it. Grew up loving Taco Bell until moving out West and falling in love with Del Taco...

Of course LOVED Zantigos until Taco Bell bought them except for Minny.. Now have to go to Minnesota to get Zantigos, which I haven't.

Sorry for the thread derail, but sometimes going off topic loosens up the discussion..... Mea Culpa.

Edited by jjeffeory

Taco Johns FTW.

Especially when combined with this:
tacojohnskumandgo.jpg