Here's a random thought...All female corps

My bad, Ghost. I forgot the "against the guys" caveat. Sorry.

There was also Les Chatelaines from Laval, Quebec. They won the A-Girl class a couple of times in the early 80's.

They were the first corps to use chairs on the field.

05_02_2012_chatelaines82.jpg

2corpsphotos9021.jpg

You should have heard them "SNAP" those things closed as a group... Really got your attention.

(edit: added a full color pic found in the Historical forum)

Edited by 82ryder
  • Like 1

Does nobody else know about the group of people trying to start an All Girl Corps?

Black Diamond is the name and last I heard from them they are starting SoundSport in the 2015-2016 Season according to their last post on Instagram which was 45 weeks ago. Havnt heard from them since but you can find them on twitter: @BlackDiamondDCI and on Instagram @blackdiamonddci

I'll be watching the La Crosse, WI show and will catch up on Denver the next day. I'm too old to try and follow both.

I'm wondering how the fan network is going to function doing two shows on the same night. Have they ever done a two show night up to this point?

La Crosse stalled on my little laptop. Denver had good speed, the multi-cams phrased with the music. This may be the first time they did two in one Knight :D

YEP just got a text from my Bon Bon friend.....all Girl Champions...very close in other years to the males side....a very respected corps though and very good quality and as I remember very competitive in their philosophy . They played to win

I remember as a very young kid Mr. And Mrs. B ( their directors ) not wanting their girls even associating with other corps, especially the guys...lol...not that it stopped any of us. BUT MAN they had an evil eye out on all to watch their girls...lol.

A couple of pics...note the rising hemlines through the years...

corpsphotos9318.jpg

horn_line.jpg

DCI Judge Beth Fabrizio would've been better off wearing either one of these outfits to work last nite, imo.... the cowgirl hat, white boots, white gloves, would've been an upgrade for that poor Woman judge..... she's either penniless, or clueless when it comes to appropriate professional Woman, professional worksite clothes.

DCI Judge Beth Fabrizio would've been better off wearing either one of these outfits to work last nite, imo.... the cowgirl hat, white boots, white gloves, would've been an upgrade for that poor Woman judge..... she's either penniless, or clueless when it comes to appropriate professional Woman, professional worksite clothes.

Anyone have a grab of this last night?

EDIT: Let me rephrase that: Does anyone have a snip of this judge from last night?

That first attempt didn't sound good in context.

Edited by garfield