Can Bluecoats win gold?

The question is: will DCI follow through from last year and make entertainment a priority ala Crown, or will we return back to pre 2013 judging, where corps are shut out if Gold until their directors bow down to a theoretical stanced white washed scoresheet.

They didn't only have the most entertaining show; they had the best show -- it wasn't flawlessly designed, but it was extremely well put-together. And they performed the snot out of it. That's why they won.

Entertainment value is a part of that, but let's not take their win as a "win" for [what certain drum corps spectators define as] "entertainment." That'd only be true if entertainment is all that show had to offer, and that's not really true.

"Can Bluecoats win gold?"

In my honest opinion, I don't think this is their year. I think their year is NEXT year. Kinda like how everyone wanted Crown to win in 2012 but they just didn't have the excellence in performance to outmatch BD.

In my honest opinion, I don't think this is their year. I think their year is NEXT year. Kinda like how everyone wanted Crown to win in 2012 but they just didn't have the excellence in performance to outmatch BD.

I think you could be right. The challenge for the design team would be to come up w/ another top caliber show & demonstrate consistency of excellence. I have to admit, though, that this year's show feels like one of those 'lightning in a bottle' years. This is not in reference to their ability to repeat this success, just a commentary.

I think you could be right. The challenge for the design team would be to come up w/ another top caliber show & demonstrate consistency of excellence. I have to admit, though, that this year's show feels like one of those 'lightning in a bottle' years. This is not in reference to their ability to repeat this success, just a commentary.

I agree with your 'Lightning in a Bottle' statement. I think they COULD win, but I don't think they WILL win. They need to clean up. BD is a master in performing.

• Like 1

2012 they had cream pants - 2013 they had purple pants and a much easier drill

made all the difference in the world

only section I thought was "improved" was the guard - the rest was packaging IMO

2012 they had cream pants - 2013 they had purple pants and a much easier drill

made all the difference in the world

only section I thought was "improved" was the guard - the rest was packaging IMO

Finally, someone agrees with me on the Uniform!!! I HATE the purple uniform, but the cream just made all of the drill look too messy. Easier drill + darker pants = higher score

Fugett's been the only judge so far that seems to have judged GE according to the new rules this year.

Wow; you are a privileged person indeed to have been able to listen to several different corps' GE tapes in order to get a clear reference of judgement.

Though I'd love to see Bloo win gold, I also don't think I'd want BD to win any other year but this year. I love Blue Devils show.

Wow; you are a privileged person indeed to have been able to listen to several different corps' GE tapes in order to get a clear reference of judgement.

No need to twist my post. My observation was based purely on the fact that Fugett awarded the corps with a greater crowd response. Notice I said "seems" rather than "is." Calm yourself.

No need to twist my post. My observation was based purely on the fact that Fugett awarded the corps with a greater crowd response. Notice I said "seems" rather than "is." Calm yourself.

DCP arguments are great! :music: