When your hopes and dreams fizzle out

I didn't ignore what you wrote. The things that you wrote went way beyond the scope of the discussion. What BRASSO wrote is beneath the scope of the discussion.

The discussion is about DCI championships. DCI started in 1972. And my comment about "short period of consistent success" is in the context of DCI championships and the theme of the thread which alludes to WINS. In DCI competition the Cavies have won 7 times. 5 of them (being "consistent"... wouldn't you say?) were from 2000-2006 (which is not quite a decade... as I said).

I get what you're saying now. Didn't quite get all of that from what was written before, but I appreciate you taking the time to explain it to me. I don't disagree with what you're saying, but I DO agree with " The Cadevaliers " moniker. I do think that SCV is up there too, but they haven't won in quite a while.

Also, using your terminology, the Cadets haven't exactly had consistent success compared to the Cavaliers since 2000. Then there's BD, who no one can deny is the dominant DCI corps.

Heck, I've even encouraged you above to select your own timeline, and include any combos of Corps you want, and use THAT for your current and future percentage placement predictions. In the interim, why assail mine, ?.... when you havn't produced your own, to arrive at a " over 80% DCI Titles won since 1976 ( or even " since 1972" ). Do your own calculations, and coin your own name for 3 Corps.

I responded with BD, Cadets, Cavies, SCV at 90% since the beginning of DCI which is 1972. You didn't read it. I even gave them the name Cadevalierguard. While the inclusion of 4 corps is still arbitrary, the start date of 1972 is not.

Were I playing in this hornline, even in 5th place, I'd say my hopes and dreams would be feeling pretty fulfilled.

Thanks for that. Love our Crown.

• Like 1

Also, arguably, one of the greatest rises to fame has to be the Blue Devils (24th in 1973 to 1st in 1976). They certainly didn't fizzle after their drive to the top... and they never seem overly bummed to lose.

Tell me what other corps will those kids get that kind of brass education that they get from Crown? No corps comes close. Look at the hornline in the lot videos of Crown, BD, Cadets, SCV, etc. The difference is incredible. Percussion, not sure if those kids expected a top notch percussion experience. As for the guard, I do feel for them this year.

I never stated what marchers might derive "in brass education" at Crown. I also acknowleged the multiplicity of feelings that come about IN RESPONSE TO THE OP"S QUESTION ON WHAT HAPPENS TO MARCHERS WHEN ITS CLEAR THEIR CHAMPIONSHIP QUEST WITH THAT CORPS BECOMES READILY APPARENT TO ALL THAT IT WILL NOT RESULT IN PLACEMENT ANTICIPATED AND WORKED FOR.

The OP asked us something totally unrelated to " brass education " in his OP question for us. I responded above regarding placement disappointnment ( he used Crown as his example in its repeat quest ) that might develop among some Crown marchers, as this.... THIS.... was what he asked us to comment on.

Edited by BRASSO

I responded with BD, Cadets, Cavies, SCV at 90% since the beginning of DCI which is 1972. You didn't read it. I even gave them the name Cadevalierguard. While the inclusion of 4 corps is still arbitrary, the start date of 1972 is not.

the funny thing is what do averages, who won what, who has more whatever have to do with the question asked...If I read it correctly...it asked what do the MEMBERS and staff do or feel when...etc. lol

Edited by GUARDLING

Back to the OP, Marchers, if your corps is not placing where you think it should be, it’s the staff’s fault. After Allentown, it’s acceptable to sneak into their sleeping quarters with pillows and rubber hoses. After all, you paid your dues, time their paid theirs for letting you down

No seriously, our corps would close ranks and blame everyone else for not getting us and act all arrogant, blame the judges, DCI

You don't know what I read nor unread. That is beyond your capacity to know. This is the first time here right now that you've utilized your timeline with a moniker and number of Corps included in it, and what the percentages of DCI Titles won in it are. I take no position on it, as I am not interested in checking out its math, but on the surface, it looks fine to me. So if you want to personally use this, thats fine, and no need for me to get silly and find fault and/ or get mad with you on your own personally selected "abitrary timeline ", moniker, percentages of DCI Titles won in that timeline, and whatnot.

Edited by BRASSO

You don't know what I read nor unread. That is beyond your capacity to know. This is the first time you utilized your timneline with a moniker and number of Corps included in it, and what the percentages in it are. I take no position on it, as I am not interested in checking out its math, but on the surface, it looks fine to me. So if you want to personally use this, thats fine, and no need for me to find fault and get mad with your own personally selected timeline, moniker, percentages, and what not.

I said it on page 3 and again on page 4. I can say that you didn't read it... because you indicated that you didn't when you said that I never said it... when I did.

Also, arguably, one of the greatest rises to fame has to be the Blue Devils (24th in 1973 to 1st in 1976). They certainly didn't fizzle after their drive to the top... and they never seem overly bummed to lose.

I think most reasonable people can understand that a Corps rising up in the very infancy and formative years of DCI ( 1973 to 1976 ) when DCI itself was started in 1972, is not the same as the possibilty of such a corps going from 24th to 1st in 3 years today in DCI. Nobody even remotely familiar with modern day DCI believes for a moment that a DCI Corps could go from 24th to 1st in 3 years in today's DCI. Its just fall down in laughter funny ridiculous to think we'll see anything even remotely close to this kind of 3 year placement movement again in the next 50 years in DCI. That kind of placement movement in DCI has come and gone. Its just totally out of the question now in DCI's future.

Edited by BRASSO