Nashville lineup

Those Vanguard props crack me up.

They make it "hard" to watch from behind too. *I watched them from behind in Riverside this year, so I know...

• Like 1

yes - put a sock in it lol

I think the narration added has helped clarify the show's message a lot - good for Crown!

In an earlier post I said something that I had never thought I'd say, that they needed to add narration.. They did and it helps with the emotional impact of the ballad.

• Like 1

Even with the show starting 10 minutes late, we are behind the revised schedule.

One more thing about The Cadets. It's 1 thing. Just 1. And they made changes, so next week I might be singing a whole other tune.

If they add some moments that make me stand up and scream like a school girl, I'll be all over the show. That's ALL I want them to add. Even if it's just one. One little thing. That one defining moment in the show. That's my only true complaint about the show.

Cool. Glad you're keeping an open mind! I agree the program needs more "wow" -- that said it is MUCH more impressive in person / the execution is just phenomenal and the design focuses you perfectly throughout. Very emotional in moments as well (in person) / I don't think much of that comes through via FN

I've been saying that since the preview show Crown had - it is "over programmed" and lacks clarity of design focus IMO

A kitchen-sink feel to the program, especially visually. Losing the gongs all over the field and obviously the trampolines (neither of which add musically or visually to the program IMO) would have really opened up the show visually and clarified what you should be looking at

Saw Cadets & Crown back to back a couple times this year live. Cadets program you always know where to look and listen, it is a master-class in design focus (as is BD). Crown's program is like a kaleidoscope and you get drawn in fifty directions at once. They've been working to improve that and have a great deal...

I call that design clutter, and it's rampant in modern DCI shows. It adds GE or something like that... More points! Must win DCI!

Edited by jjeffeory

Crown's brass is wonderfully talented. But I hate basic, trite "amen" chord sequence endings. I hope for more creativity than that.

• Like 1

SCV needs to add a magic trick, make someone disappear or levitate or something.

I'm trying to think of the last time a Cadets Patriotic themed Americana show has been so tepidly received by audiences, and I can't think of a time. The show is loved by the older DCI judges still as its well executed ( as one might expect from the talent available to this Corps ), but the show design basically runs emotionless, and does not generate anywhere near the audience response one generally gets with audiences from a Patriotic themed show done by a perennially top 4 DCI Corps such as the Cadets. It does get a hand, but not in the final push, only when the last note is played in the show, do fans stand up and give a basically polite applause.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1