Official Atlanta/Southeastern Regional running thread

Serious question: Does anyone LOVE the Cadets this year?

Seems the judges do.

George Oliviero has spewed hate on The Cavaliers from back when I was a marching member until the present. Every time I think he reaches a new low he grabs a shovel and continues to dig a deeper hole.

• Like 2

I'm not. Most people that like it say they "like it, but....." I don't hear anyone saying they love it like 2011, 2000, 1993.

We get you don't like it.. No need to remind us that you don't like it. We get it. Really.. we get it.

poor SuperOOK. Personally, I like reading those tweets that he posts. I wish he'd post tweets on comments for each corps though.

please don't give him any ideas.If I want to read tweets I'll go to twitter. This is not the forum for that. Childish and bad taste.

I'll say this, the Cadets are super talented; but, man, what a letdown coming on after the Bluecoats.

In your face, over-the-top, history lesson, white picket fence, apple pie, oh golly gee wiz, Americana shows just don't do it for me.

...Starting next year, can the music of Appalachian Spring be shelved for a looooooong while? Please?

Edited by shortn'sour
  • Like 2

G.O. Is a very respected judge.

Yup. Not to mention being the Bob Fosse of high school math teachers.

It never ceases to amaze me that with all the money the drum corps spend on hiring professionals to create and teach the shows, the judging - in visual especially - is done by people with no professional training or responsibility in the performing arts. It's done by people who have day jobs that lend no credibility to their judges' opinion.

Shouldn't people judging choreography and staging be people who have actually worked (professionally) in those fields, rather than being real estate agents and travel agents?

Edited by Slingerland
  • Like 1

Anyone else look at the Paw Paw recap for the hell of it?

Yup, 2 Observations:

1. Scores were very different

2. Ordinals were exactly the same !!!!

I'm sure everyone there enjoyed the talent and effort of our future leaders !

And what if you happen to LOVE being a math teacher?? Who the eff are you to tell someone what kind of job they should have? What condescending crap!

You said, totally missing the point. If you're a math professional, then it's understood that math is your field of expertise. Cool. You're well-qualified to judge math contests. Go for it.

But that doesn't mean that you're also qualified to judge work that has absolutely nothing to do with your field of professional expertise, especially when there ARE people who make their livings creating work in other performing arts disciplines who would be bringing their personal and professional credentials to the field. DCI should be recruiting professional choreographers and directors to judge the work, if the goal is to make all of the shows more like professional entertainment, rather than relying on the usual WGI suspects to have the final word in the visual categories.

Edited by Slingerland

You said, totally missing the point. If you're a math professional, then it's understood that math is your field of expertise. Cool. You're well-qualified to judge math contests. Go for it.

But that doesn't mean that you're also qualified to judge work that has absolutely nothing to do with your field of professional expertise, especially when there ARE people who make their livings creating work in other performing arts disciplines who would be bringing their personal and professional credentials to the field. DCI should be recruiting professional choreographers and directors to judge the work, if the goal is to make all of the shows more like professional entertainment, rather than relying on the usual WGI suspects to have the final word in the visual categories.

Why do I feel like you don't like these judges only because they're from WGI?

There's too much negativitiy towards WGI in this forum.