Official Atlanta/Southeastern Regional running thread

Every show counts, Brasso, not just Prelims and Finals. George Oliviero was a constent lowballer throughout the seasons I marched and Gene Monterastelli wasn't all that swift either. Monterastelli could be objective but Oliviero could not. In the early 1980s, judges got away with anything which could elevate the Garfield Cadets. Have you heard tapes by Oliviero? I have. Criticism is fine. Meanness is not.

I have and in the past been on the better side of George O BUT you are quite right others have had some pretty nasty tapes form the guy. Guess I was pretty lucky...lol..or maybe Im just choosing to forget..lol

I would also rather know where I stood Instead of some of the others who say one thing and do another..and there are those . Goood thing now a days you can hold any of them to their worlds BITD not so much

Edited by GUARDLING

Every show counts, Brasso, not just Prelims and Finals. George Oliviero was a constent lowballer throughout the seasons I marched and Gene Monterastelli wasn't all that swift either. Monterastelli could be objective but Oliviero could not. In the early 1980s, judges got away with anything which could elevate the Garfield Cadets. Have you heard tapes by Oliviero? I have. Criticism is fine. Meanness is not.

Well, I'm not going to get into an argument on any judge if someone is convinced that judge " spews vemom" is full of " meanness ", and is out to persistently "low ball" a corps for decades over some yet unexplained personal animis and hate that judge has for the Cavaliers Organization, staff, marchers that have come and gone there since George Oliviero started judging in DCI in the 70's. If you think this judge has on ongong hatred for the Cavaliers organization, I think thats ridiculous, BUT... you are convinced otherwise, and so I'll leave it be that you ( and perhaps others ) think he's a 35 years Cavaliers Organization hater.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Well, I'm not going to get into a ### for tat on any judge if someone is convinced that judge " spews vemom" is full of " meanness ", and is out to persistently "low ball" a corps for decades over some yet unexplained personal animis and hate that judge has for the Cavaliers Organization, staff, marchers that have come and gone there since George Oliviero started judging in DCI in the 70's. If you think this judge has on ongong hatred for the Cavaliers organization, I think thats ridiculous, BUT... you are convinced otherwise, and so I'll leave it at that.

Homers will be homers, Brasso. This forum just happens to be full of the Cavie variety today.

Oh, come on. You were being nice and wanted to say:

"Jebbus, man, do you have a life?"

:tounge2:

lol, actually I was trying to be polite, but one does wonder sometimes.

I think Bluecoats seriously need to watch out...

The other 4 corps in the top 5 have proven before that they can make a push in the last 2 weeks of the season, something Bluecoats has yet to prove as of yet (2007 is a great example when they started off strong and kept slipping back and back)...

Bluecoats definitely have a lot of cleaning to do so they are more than capable of making that push, it's just a matter of seeing them finally do it though.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see them slip down to 5th but with cleaning they could, and that's a BIG could, end up in 2nd come finals.

I can't wait to see it all happen in Indy!

• Like 1

You can ask... no problem..

May I ask you a question, as well ?

Are you a cop ?

sure, ask away. and it's ok if you're trying to be a smartass, but i'm not a cop. i'm just very new to all this craziness on this forum and have noticed several people on here seem to have a lot of manutia at their fignertips.

Edited by Pes49

I like the fact the Bluecoats staff decided to have the Corps end the show with the last musical chord, rather than the earlier non musical version ending with the Guard. That was smart to do, imo.

sure, ask away. and it's ok if you're trying to be a smartass, but i'm not a cop. i'm just very new to all this craziness on this forum and have noticed several people on here seem to have a lot of manutia at their fignertips.

I suspect that's not quite the case.

• Like 2

Please don't give him any ideas.If I want to read tweets I'll go to Twitter. This is not the forum for that. Childish and bad taste.

Well, posting Twitter reports has been a mainstay of DCP show threads for two or three years now. It's especially helpful when no one here is reporting live from the show, but it also gives us some sense of how other fans are responding.

• Like 1

I'll still take the resonance and sonority of Crown along with their 1000 notes a minute....BD is good too, super clear tone, but Crown has true power.

I would take the simplicity of BD's ballad this year over "1000 notes a minute" -- any and every day of the week.

Crown's horn book this year reminds me of everything I hate about Christina Aguilera's singing. All those runs -- and for what? They aren't really adding anything.

Crown is usually so much more thoughtful about musicality than this. Bigger, louder, faster, higher = boring.

Edited by saxfreq1128