Official Atlanta/Southeastern Regional running thread

You said, totally missing the point. If you're a math professional, then it's understood that math is your field of expertise. Cool. You're well-qualified to judge math contests. Go for it.

But that doesn't mean that you're also qualified to judge work that has absolutely nothing to do with your field of professional expertise, especially when there ARE people who make their livings creating work in other performing arts disciplines who would be bringing their personal and professional credentials to the field. DCI should be recruiting professional choreographers and directors to judge the work, if the goal is to make all of the shows more like professional entertainment, rather than relying on the usual WGI suspects to have the final word in the visual categories.

Because you could NEVER be good at more than one thing, right, 😏

Perhaps the drum corps activity needs the "super judge." :laugh::thumbup:

"Those are some tall tubas! Golly."

"I keep losing my pencils like gangbusters."

"Those sure are some purty flags.

the person you quote does often times come across as a clown, buffoon or whatever. I've heard comments from him that would totally discredit his credntials.

may i ask how many hours a day you spend looking up such information? do you have some sort of digital library in which you store dci trivia?

Oh, come on. You were being nice and wanted to say:

"Jebbus, man, do you have a life?"

:tounge2:

Every show counts, Brasso, not just Prelims and Finals. George Oliviero was a constent lowballer throughout the seasons I marched and Gene Monterastelli wasn't all that swift either. Monterastelli could be objective but Oliviero could not. In the early 1980s, judges got away with anything which could elevate the Garfield Cadets. Have you heard tapes by Oliviero? I have. Criticism is fine. Meanness is not.

may i ask how many hours a day you spend looking up such information? do you have some sort of digital library in which you store dci trivia?

You can ask... no problem..

May I ask you a question, as well ?

Are you a cop ?

• Like 2

"That judge just hates us!!!!"

- said every high school band parent/ booster ever.

• Like 3

wow...me thinks there is some flambasterly going on here. :silly: :not me:

• Like 1

One judge rarely ruins the placement of a corps. Judges are allowed to dislike something that we like or like something that we dislike. I have hated BDs shows for years, but I understand why the judges appreciate them as much as they do. BD is consistent and clean from year to year. I haven't listened to their shows in several years and don't plan to, but I don't blame the judges for scoring them as such. Yes, a judge can score something in left field it happens, but generally, one judge does not break a drum corps' back.

You can ask... no problem..

May I ask you a question, as well ?

Are you a cop ?

:fight::mat: lmao.