Allentown. . . DAY TWO !

Weather update; At this moment (1:40PM) Allentown is sunny, warm, temperature 78 degrees. Local TV says MAYBE an isolated shower in the area tonight. But, we can't confirm what will actually happen until we hear from our favorite drum corps weather guys!

For some history -

The first Allentown DCI Eastern Championship (1977) featured the following corps......

I thought DCI East was older than 1977, did it start in 1974?

The 1975, 1976 DCI Eastern Championships were held in Lowell, Massachusetts. That city was NOT available for 1977. Don't know if this event happened before Lowell, but I doubt it.

Really hoping Crown's draw on the order doesn't affect their score, but it's not looking good. IF they can pull back ahead of SCV tonight I think they still have a shot at a medal. If not, I think they're going to have to fight tooth and nail for 4th. Also want to see Bluecoats finally make a move on Cadets, but that's probably less likely.

C'mon Crown! C'mon Bluecoats!

I'm amazed at how everyone just forgets that Crown needs to worry about not being caught by the Cavaliers. Seeing as how they're the only ones gaining any real momentum out of the top top 6.

I think it will be very close between Cadets and Bluecoats, and I hope Crown gets back in the mix.

I say Cadets 95.5, Bluecoats 95.1, and 94.6

that is one thing about Allentown that I don't like is that it's on two nights. You can't really compare and the way they split up the top6 or so is just dumb I think. I understand though that if they had lower corps on one night and the big hitters the next it would be very lopsided attendance.

I'll be rooting for Cavaliers tonight! I really love their show!

Edited by Liahona

Does anyone know why the Allentown show is two nights and split up like that? It seems like it would make more sense just to start early on Saturday and do all 22 corps that day. One less day or renting the stadium seems like it would save quite a bit of money. I have never really seen this discussed anywhere before, so I am sorry if I missed the discussion. I could understand if they did it on two consecutive weeknights, but being on the weekend just doesn't make much sense to split it up

Does anyone know why the Allentown show is two nights and split up like that? It seems like it would make more sense just to start early on Saturday and do all 22 corps that day. One less day or renting the stadium seems like it would save quite a bit of money. I have never really seen this discussed anywhere before, so I am sorry if I missed the discussion. I could understand if they did it on two consecutive weeknights, but being on the weekend just doesn't make much sense to split it up

$$$

• Like 4

I don't know the actual answer, but think OrlandoContraAlum is on the right track!

In earlier days, all the highest-ranked corps could by seen by purchasing ONE 'Finals' ticket. Now, to do that, TWO tickets are required. It's probably been a very good move.

I'm more curious about the schedule of which corps go on which nights. I noticed there were a handful of switches from last year. Is this typical? Is it changed year to year with the intention of balancing out the breakdown between the two shows based on the previous year's rankings? Or does it have more to do with each corps travel & rehearsal schedule?