Allentown. . . DAY TWO !

I feel like there's a possibility of Coats scoring lower than SCV did last night if they haven't managed to clean their footwork enough. In any other case, Coats will likely pass SCV in terms of score, but probably only by a small amount.

I hate the fact that they don't at least put all the top 5 together on the same night at Allentown. The scores' relativity is screwed up because of certain groups performing on different nights, regardless of the fact that the judges are the same.

I feel like there's a possibility of Coats scoring lower than SCV did last night if they haven't managed to clean their footwork enough. In any other case, Coats will likely pass SCV in terms of score, but probably only by a small amount.

I hate the fact that they don't at least put all the top 5 together on the same night at Allentown. The scores' relativity is screwed up because of certain groups performing on different nights, regardless of the fact that the judges are the same.

youre right about putting them all together BUT think about it...sells more tickets this way.

I don't honestly think we should compare the Friday/Saturday scores

But I also don't want to over value those scores from Rutgers which I personally feel were ridiculous

Also - no worries regarding BD winning this year or at Rutgers - so please don't misunderstand. I just didn't like the caption scoring, GE scoring and/or some of the gaps

Felt the corps were in the right order the other night - I love BD so don't misunderstand what I'm saying. They totally deserve to be winning.

Exact same panel on the same captions on both nights. Those judges will be very aware of their Friday night scoring when giving out scores on Saturday.

Weather update; At this moment (1:40PM) Allentown is sunny, warm, temperature 78 degrees. Local TV says MAYBE an isolated shower in the area tonight. But, we can't confirm what will actually happen until we hear from our favorite drum corps weather guys!

For some history -

The first Allentown DCI Eastern Championship (1977) featured the following corps, in performance order, for Prelims:

Avant Garde

Centurians

Velvet Knights

Simplex Minutemen

CMCC Warriors

Mighty Liberators

Patriots

Les Boucliers

PAL Cadets

Bridgemen

Squires

Boston Crusaders

Imperials

Holy Family Defenders

Grenadiers

Kingsmen

Cadets

Columbians

Seneca Optimists

Phantom Regiment

27th Lancers

Madison Scouts

Oakland Crusaders

Black Watch

Anaheim Kingsmen

North Star

New York Lancers

Gauchos

Bengal Lancers

Belvederes

Meadowlarks

General Butler Vagabonds

Crossmen

Bon Bons

Saints

Royal Crusaders

and the winner of that first Allentown DCI Eastern Championship appears tonight !

Hey Fred, can you edit the 1st post and put the lineup/start times in? Nice to have it all in one thread rather than popping to the other allentown day 2 thread from a few days ago.

Does it matter? It only counts for one third of the seeding for quarters. The scores won't be off by so much that it affects the seeding. Plus it's the same panel.

Weather update; At this moment (1:40PM) Allentown is sunny, warm, temperature 78 degrees. Local TV says MAYBE an isolated shower in the area tonight. But, we can't confirm what will actually happen until we hear from our favorite drum corps weather guys!

For some history -

The first Allentown DCI Eastern Championship (1977) featured the following corps, in performance order, for Prelims:

Avant Garde

Centurians

Velvet Knights

Simplex Minutemen

CMCC Warriors

Mighty Liberators

Patriots

Les Boucliers

PAL Cadets

Bridgemen

Squires

Boston Crusaders

Imperials

Holy Family Defenders

Grenadiers

Kingsmen

Cadets

Columbians

Seneca Optimists

Phantom Regiment

27th Lancers

Madison Scouts

Oakland Crusaders

Black Watch

Anaheim Kingsmen

North Star

New York Lancers

Gauchos

Bengal Lancers

Belvederes

Meadowlarks

General Butler Vagabonds

Crossmen

Bon Bons

Saints

Royal Crusaders

and the winner of that first Allentown DCI Eastern Championship appears tonight !

Bridgemen almost jumped 5 pts between Allentown prelims and finals?

Saturday ( schedule as of July 29 )

5;00 gates open

6:20 Old Guard Fife & Drum Corps

6:47 Defenders (exhibition)

7:04 Jersey Surf

7:21 Mandarins

7:38 The Academy

7:55 Spirit of Atlanta

8:12 Troopers

Intermission

8:46 Crossmen

9:03 Madison Scouts