What is the Top News Story of the DCI Season, 2014. (I know it isn&#39

What would be the highest combined score for the top five finishers? Seems to me that record may be broken this weekend, which in some ways may be more significant than whatever the Devils may accomplish.

Surprised no one has mentioned Phantom Regiment yet. Besides SOA, they are perhaps the biggest disappointment this season.

And Scouts.

1. Scores on helium

2. Rain

3. The world fails to end when trombones are played in a DCI show

4. The surprising stability in the 12-15 placements all season (I had predicted mad volatility) because of

5. The continued improvement in quality in the 12-15 tier (see No. 1)

6. A platoon of new judges, but still no one can figure out GE

7. Big crowds at regional events

8. Fan Network far from perfect, but also far from its dismal beginnings

9. Bluecoats bring a show that has the potential of '83 Garfield to redefine the activity

10. The return of melody, slightly

11. Cavaliers realize that the pit can be part of the drill, too

12. BAC's provocative, difficult show and their stubborn refusal to water it down

13. Narration arrives: Debates turn on what is effective, not on whether it belongs

14. The stage; the pitch bend; the G7 jab; the trampolines; the clock wheel

• Like 3

Feel like a normal year to me, a lot of folks seemed hyped by the high scores but we have tweaked sheets so it’s sort of year zero.

Show quality and design about the same, some better and some worse than last year but overall it's about the same

have three days in the dome to see if it changes my mind

i'd like to add an electronics driven effect got a standing O in Allentown. Imagine that

• Like 2

So I listened to Tilt on a few youtube to try and buy in more - I think Bloo did a better job on electronics last year, even had some visuals tied in….the moaning, overly dramatic, singing chick voice they seemed so fond of the past few years was a bit overused in 2013 though

So I listened to Tilt on a few youtube to try and buy in more - I think Bloo did a better job on electronics last year, even had some visuals tied in….the moaning, overly dramatic, singing chick voice they seemed so fond of the past few years was a bit overused in 2013 though

I don't recall any vocals in Bloo's 2013 production...

The headlines of the year would be: "The Troopers late season surge shoots them into first place". OK, probably not, but it doesn't hurt to dream.

Edited by Railfan
  • Like 1

1. Scores on helium

2. Rain

3. The world fails to end when trombones are played in a DCI show

4. The surprising stability in the 12-15 placements all season (I had predicted mad volatility) because of

5. The continued improvement in quality in the 12-15 tier (see No. 1)

6. A platoon of new judges, but still no one can figure out GE

7. Big crowds at regional events

8. Fan Network far from perfect, but also far from its dismal beginnings

9. Bluecoats bring a show that has the potential of '83 Garfield to redefine the activity

10. The return of melody, slightly

11. Cavaliers realize that the pit can be part of the drill, too

12. BAC's provocative, difficult show and their stubborn refusal to water it down

13. Narration arrives: Debates turn on what is effective, not on whether it belongs

14. The stage; the pitch bend; the G7 jab; the trampolines; the clock wheel

#9 Quite a stretch. BD's show is more innovative IMHO. I will say that Bloo's use of electronics is by far my favorite since they were allowed!