Im sorry DCI, you need to fix the scoring again

There are going to be some livid corps directors at the next DCI meeting. And I'm talking about Academy/Oregon/Spirit. Expect sheet changes.

What do they have to be livid about? They were all dirty (save maybe Oregon) and you don't get credit for what you don't achieve. They got beat by a very proficient, very entertaining BDB corps. If any of them had achieved the content they'd attempted, they'd have placed higher. It's not rocket science.

What do they have to be livid about? They were all dirty (save maybe Oregon) and you don't get credit for what you don't achieve. They got beat by a very proficient, very entertaining BDB corps. If any of them had achieved the content they'd attempted, they'd have placed higher. It's not rocket science.

The current sheets create a disincentive to attempt a World Class caliber show.

This season ends Sat. YES. Some people take this activity too SERIOUSLY.

Thank God. Can we get some new judges by next season?

The whole first part of the show BD is basically park and blow, no? Am I watching a different show?

• Like 1

The whole first part of the show BD is basically park and blow, no? Am I watching a different show?

CLEAN wins. Oh and design.

Clean and design win.

CLEAN wins. Oh and design.

Clean and design win.

I think clean and emotional range and intensity win. Design has to support that, but the kids are being scored on expression.

I also think the judging hasn't actually changed that much in five years (some, yes). The differences in shows today are not due to differences in judging, they are due to differences in expectations of members and instructors about what performing arts education should be about.

Bwahahahaha! Seriously dude... Bloo has an awesome show, but BD stole Crown's thunder... they are out of this world.

Maybe Im wrong. Maybe BD just operates on a different paradigm when it comes to design that is more conducive to the judging sheets. I think the difficulty in BDs show comes from the sheer amount of layering and prop interaction rather than drill, which every other corps uses to create visual difficulty. Im just not a fan of it, and I will continue to ##### on DCP about it

• Like 2