Im sorry DCI, you need to fix the scoring again

It doesn't matter if you have 6, 60, or 600 trumpets, if it's not clean. Crown's brass feature was not clean tonight, and it wasn't clean in Allentown. BD, however, had a 40 trumpet feature, complete with the all important triple tounging, and it was clean.

Crown's trumpet feature was indeed clean., both from an articulation and intonation perspective. BD's feature had clean articulations but inotnation fluctuations. Both teams have fabulous brass. It could have gone either way last night. Crown had moments that lacked some clarity last night.

That being said, this is a fantastic year for hornlines. From top to bottom!

Edited by Tone Quality Matters
  • Like 1

Crown's trumpet feature was indeed clean., both from an articulation and intonation perspective. BD's feature had clean articulations but inotnation fluctuations. Both teams have fabulous brass. It could have gone either way last night. Crown had moments that lacked some clarity last night.

That being said, this is a fantastic year for hornlines. From top to bottom!

You are there, right? If so, then I defer to live ears hearing it rather than the cinecast.

By finals my guess is that the spread will open up a bit by finals when the judges only have 12 numbers to manage instead of 35+. Almost always happens that the lower corps drop a bit and the top corps get a little higher. Dynamics of numbers management...

agreed. my hunch is tonight more 10's start to appear on the recap for BD. Only 4 last night

they have to especially if from 2 down start to get higher numbers. You know as well as me thats what drives those numbers up 10s never mean perfect

Oh I agree. my hunch is tonight, numbers 13-25 slowly side down, 6-12 inch up, 1-5 go higher yet.

• Like 1