Im sorry DCI, you need to fix the scoring again

And that is indeed close enough for Cadets to close the gap. They are known as the "Come-From-Behind Kings", after all (Cesario called them that one time anyway). I think BD will probably win, but I'd give Garfield a solid 1/5 chance of pulling this out.

I believe you because I heard that Hoppy has convinced all the current living US Presidents to appear in front of the corps for the final push to go along with the rest of the garbage he now has on the field at the end of the show. Actually, Cadets really have no shot at the Gold this year IMHO!

Edited by jmc5682
  • Like 1

You may want to check the facts of where the judge's "actully" adjudicate from................

From the field and in the box.

Otherwise those people in green shirts dangerously prancing around the corps really should be given some meds.

No idea where "actully" comes from, so I'll assume you're trying to demean me for something that I can't find, very professional.

• Like 1

From the field and in the box.

Otherwise those people in green shirts dangerously prancing around the corps really should be given some meds.

No idea where "actully" comes from, so I'll assume you're trying to demean me for something that I can't find, very professional.

No intent whatsoever in demeaning you or anyone else. Sorry if you took it that way.

The fact is, unless I'm very wrong (which very well could be)--no visual caption is adjudicated from the field. Thus any suggestion that "on field" judging when referring to visual or color guard is what may "bump" (up or down) any score--is not correct.

I'm surprised the gap isn't even MORE. The design is absolutely phenomenal and on a completely different level than everyone else. There is so much layering, nuance, excitement, humor, variety and interesting detail. I hope it does set a new record, because if any show ever deserved that, this is it.

Let's not put ALL the weight on the "design"

BD isn't further ahead because the corps behind them is also performing very very well. BD is performing very very very well.

I think at the end they will be about 1.25-1.5 points ahead of the second place corps - about 2-3 tenths in most captions

Visually they are lights out! Even with a very strong Cadet visual corps

Brass line is a notch above Cadets - and yes, the show is GE wise stronger

AND the corps is extremely proficient

It's as simple as that - I personally have no problem with the gap

• Like 1

If the Blue Devils win by more than a point, so what? The last time I enjoyed a Blue Devils show was back in '07. However, I've gotta give credit for what they do and how they do it. First off, the Blue Devils have never been known for their drill...even way back in the '70s and '80s. They execute smart drill design, quite effectively, to showcase the talents of their members; that being the music. It may not be as complex and high velocity as those around them; but, again, it goes back to smart design. What they do, with the high degree of talent they recruit and maintain, cannot be denied; it's just "smart." The Blue Devils aren't one of my favorite corps; but I sure respect what they do...on the field, anyway.

Edited by shortn'sour
  • Like 5

I really thought Crown had a good run tonight and expected to see them in the 4th slot over SCV.

Other than the obvious spread in percussion I am surprised Crown continues falling behind them.

The discrepancy in guard makes no sense to me. I guess one must really be at field level to be able to figure that out clearly.

It seems like crown is all alone in their efforts this year. As a drumcorps they are attempting, seemingly so much more than other corps. The guard is crazy good and doing amazing skill sets really well. This caption is confusing with the judging. It is not judged from the field. It is judged from the box. Don't get the scoring, or what they changed about the sheets. But this colorguard was amazing to watch and never boring. They seem every bit as good as the past two years crown guards if not more.

Aside from the blue devils who win every year these days. The judges aren't rewarding content. Especially when performance levels are clearly strong from all the top groups at the end of the season. Maybe it's the sheets being different, but this is one caption that has been all over the place all summer for every group...but bd winning it. That they can all agree on.

The judges aren't rewarding content. Especially when performance levels are clearly strong from all the top groups at the end of the season.

The judges do reward corps for content when that content is achieved. You get nothing for merely the attempt.

• Like 3

It doesn't matter if you have 6, 60, or 600 trumpets, if it's not clean. Crown's brass feature was not clean tonight, and it wasn't clean in Allentown. BD, however, had a 40 trumpet feature, complete with the all important triple tounging, and it was clean.

That all trumpet and mello part in Crown's show is the most amazing brass part of a show I have ever witnessed. The 40 trumpet part in BD's show is nice, but it really is not all that difficult. Certainly not in comparison with what Crown did right after that muffler percussion part. Both hornlines deserve to win the Ott and it is too close to call.

• Like 2

After seeing recaps all year that showed Surf's visual actually being a strong point this year, 24th in Vis Prof, 25th in Vis Analysis, and 26th (!!!!) in Guard is baffling. I can only assume that it was a bad run, but still.

I have not looked at the recaps as carefully as I usually do, but Surf scoring 26th in guard is not that surprising and is more a reflection of the talent of some of the OC corps who will be competing in semi's today. SCVC and BDB could be competitive in WC competition. 7th Regiment and Spartans both have WC quality guards. I have not seen Genesis or Music City live this year but in the past they have had excellent guards. This is not a slam on Surf but a nod to the quality if the competition.