Im sorry DCI, you need to fix the scoring again

look i've been a very vocal critic of BD the last 7 years or so. Not this year. This show could get a 100 and I'd be ok with it

• Like 6

I don't really care if BD gets a record. I did notice that I heard a couple fracks (a solo) in the Crown hornline and knew they had just lost tonight. BD is however so close to them in brass all they have to do is mess up a couple notes and BD will take it.

I do not think that Crown is head and shoulders above them at all. Just a little bit. BD's book is very much different.

I don't really care if BD gets a record. I did notice that I heard a couple fracks (a solo) in the Crown hornline and knew they had just lost tonight. BD is however so close to them in brass all they have to do is mess up a couple notes and BD will take it.

I do not think that Crown is head and shoulders above them at all. Just a little bit. BD's book is very much different.

I like to think that the fracks in the trading solos at the ballad are on purpose to make it sound more like crying and mournful. I know its not, but its one of those little lies I tell myself.

You're right.

But BD is 1.625 better than 2nd place.

And that is indeed close enough for Cadets to close the gap. They are known as the "Come-From-Behind Kings", after all (Cesario called them that one time anyway). I think BD will probably win, but I'd give Garfield a solid 1/5 chance of pulling this out.

Oh and I disagree with the brass placement as well. Marching while triple tounging and putting 60 trumpets on the field should be able to win crown another Jim Ott award....

Says the guy whose screen name describes the melodious sound of passing gas. Not only did BD deserve to win brass tonight, they completely deserved the spread they received in winning 1st overall. This is an unbelievably well-designed, demanding, nuanced, layered, intriguing, and exceptionally performed program. One of the best shows I've ever seen.

• Like 2

And that is indeed close enough for Cadets to close the gap. They are known as the "Come-From-Behind Kings", after all (Cesario called them that one time anyway). I think BD will probably win, but I'd give Garfield a solid 1/5 chance of pulling this out.

That's going to take a lot more cheese!

• Like 1

Maybe not to you in the stands, but on the field where you can see the visual technique of the corps, hear each individual player and really crack down on CG work, then yes, they are.

You may want to check the facts of where the judge's "actully" adjudicate from................

• Like 1

0002.png

You realize a forum is a place to express opinions, and drum corps scoring is subjective and in theory an opinion as well

• Like 1

I'm surprised the gap isn't even MORE. The design is absolutely phenomenal and on a completely different level than everyone else. There is so much layering, nuance, excitement, humor, variety and interesting detail. I hope it does set a new record, because if any show ever deserved that, this is it.

• Like 3

By finals my guess is that the spread will open up a bit by finals when the judges only have 12 numbers to manage instead of 35+. Almost always happens that the lower corps drop a bit and the top corps get a little higher. Dynamics of numbers management...

• Like 1