Im sorry DCI, you need to fix the scoring again

I was there and I heard a few articulation buddies. The most minor of things, but they were there. I thought BD's feature was flawless. (shrugs shoulders)

And that's what makes the difference.

And that is indeed close enough for Cadets to close the gap. They are known as the "Come-From-Behind Kings", after all (Cesario called them that one time anyway). I think BD will probably win, but I'd give Garfield a solid 1/5 chance of pulling this out.

Wait, you'll give me what if I pull what out?

😩

• Like 2

You really heard it during Bluecoats show as they played too loud and it reverberated a few times during their show and not a single reverb like you would get outdoors. Was very evident on the Cinecast.

Playing too loud? Oh my, is that possible in drum corps?

"If it's too loud you're too young"

• Like 3

not to point this out but...

I find it extremely funny when people will complain about the scoring of a subjective system. I'm not saying the tick system was better, it wasn't, but points to one person, are not points to another person.

What we have here is an activity where we are very often forced to compare not apples and oranges, but instead apples and forks. You really thing some east coast apple is better than a west coast fork? what about middle america's dinosaur statues? how do you compare those to the other two objects?

• Like 1

exactly , bottom #s 10-12 could drop a bit also

it'll be interesting. I expect 10-12 go down more tomorrow than today

• Like 2

I've tried to not pay much attention to show and performance critiques from people watching on their laptops. It's almost laughable to judge ensemble blend, volume, articulation, and crowd response that way. Sure, I suppose you can make some relative observations on things like volume, but with a big grain of salt.

And believe me, I live on YouTube clips of practices and performances, but only to see progress of show design etc. through the season...and yes, sometimes to see if the people around the Joe Schmo cell phone camera operator liked what they were seeing.

Oh I agree. my hunch is tonight, numbers 13-25 slowly side down, 6-12 inch up, 1-5 go higher yet.

It's true that the judges can give more room at the top when there are fewer corps at the bottom. But I also think part of this effect is due to corps pushing harder to make semis (or finals) than they do the next day. If you're battling for 12th all season, the biggest motivator has to be accomplishing that. So making 12th over 13th in Semis is more important than getting 11th over 12th in Finals, considering it's also less likely to happen. On Semis day they're already awash with success! That's no good for competitiveness.

But yes, the judges do leave room when they can, and I wish they would leave more. Can we say there's never been a show where a judge would have given a 101 if it had been available (relative to the earlier corps of course)? So just leave more room.

Or ... dare I say it ... allow judges to give 101 in cases of "unanticipated excellence" ... Would that be so wrong?

<nomex>

Edited by Pete Freedman