2014 World Championships Semi Finals

I think the BD guard is too risqué in their expression and attire. While emotion and expression do count in guard, skill should too.IMO shaking a tambourine and doing a few tosses now and then do not justify their ranking. The show is fantastic and the throwing the rifles into the circle is awesome. But the girls with their tops unzipped and bras showing are too much. I'm not a prude, but really? Felt like a Victoria Secret ad. BAC guard uniforms are also kind of bad in the beginning but don't bother me as much.

Devils' color guard is displaying a level of excellence and variety that no other guard is matching (Crown is closest in variety, IMO if not achievement). Devils don't demonstrate two or three skills and beat you over the head with them...they display a skill, move on to another skill, over and over and over. Every one of these many skills is incredibly effective and achieved at a very high level. That's why they score where they do.

You can honestly apply that to the entire corps, not just the guard.

Also, they aren't even in the Top Ten of "most risque color guards".

Edited by Kamarag
  • Like 1

Rich Kemp.

No room left for you, eh? Only 20.00 to 19.50? You couldn't squeeze out a full point tonight between 1 and 2?

Shame shame.

I think the BD guard is too risqué in their expression and attire. While emotion and expression do count in guard, skill should too.IMO shaking a tambourine and doing a few tosses now and then do not justify their ranking. The show is fantastic and the throwing the rifles into the circle is awesome. But the girls with their tops unzipped and bras showing are too much. I'm not a prude, but really? Felt like a Victoria Secret ad. BAC guard uniforms are also kind of bad in the beginning but don't bother me as much.

But you aren't bothered by the naked skeleton in the Cavaliers show?

• Like 5

I may have missed conversation on this earlier but did anyone see the BAC contra that fell? I didn't see it myself but I just heard about it

Another reason BD's guard scores so well is their body and dance movement. The guard members have years of dance experience and it shows in the details. They

• Like 2

Way to go BD! Looks like for a record-breaker tomorrow, it will come down to how clean they are in percussion. Interesting .. tonight both percussion judges had them first in content, and 3rd and 4th in achievement. A cleaner run, and a few more 10s/20s and they have the record. I think it will be close!

Way to go BD! Looks like for a record-breaker tomorrow, it will come down to how clean they are in percussion. Interesting .. tonight both percussion judges had them first in content, and 3rd and 4th in achievement. A cleaner run, and a few more 10s/20s and they have the record. I think it will be close!

I wouldn't be surprised if they do!

I may have missed conversation on this earlier but did anyone see the BAC contra that fell? I didn't see it myself but I just heard about it

Word was it was a recurring knee problem. It happens early in the show at the far sideline. He hobbled to the sideline to sit out the show and they hauled him off in a cart after the show.