Congrats to the Blue Devils for setting the bar in both design and performance.

This record score is deserved.

• Like 1

I might be literally afraid to see what their guard would do during that show...

I'd like to hear their take on Dancer in the Dark, but I know that's been done twice already. BUT there's that harmonic BD arranging style that I've raved about.

I could see something like a blend of Through a Glass, Darkly & Carpe Noctem, but I'm sure they could come up with something great stylistically. Really fun idea.

....and they wouldn't get carried away, I'm sure of it. :notify:

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 1

I've only seen Antichrist by Von Trier, and I've been told it's one of his weaker films. I didn't really like it very much, but basing a show around Von Trier definitely seems like something BD would do.

Whether or not BD deserved as high a score will be debated all winter, and while e=mc2 is still my favorite championship show, Blue Devils did an amazing job, their overall show was well done, every element worked and I think their record breaking score can be justified. I am also glad the audience responded. Also for all the criticism Blue Devils have taken over the years for shows that are not all that entertaining, they pout on one of eth most entertaining shows of the year and perhaps their most entertaining show ever.

I cannot agree with the poster who claims Cadets had a subpar show and that's why BD got such a high score. First of all their show was not subpar. Now I do understand Cadets had reason to be disappointed, but I wish they had stayed on the field to congratulate BD. They were the first to exit or it appeared that way. BAC and Blue Stars, both of whom should have hit 90 were probably disappointed but they remained. A little sportsmanship can go a long way.

???

Why do people keep bringing this up like it's a big deal. Cadets do this every year out of respect for the champion. It's the champion's field, and as such the Cadets let them have it by getting off of it. They are one of the few corps that still take off the field stuff pretty seriously. It's like the difference between a Yankees clubhouse and a Boston (Francona) clubhouse. Both exist, and both have different ways of running things.

Edited by NR_Ohiobando
  • Like 4

Edit: This is a joke people...I'm not slamming any corps, just commenting on the ridiculousness that is DCI judging...

resized_rich-raven-meme-generator-it-s-n

Edited by superOOk
  • Like 1

resized_rich-raven-meme-generator-it-s-n

Wow. So uh.......do you have any proof that BD paid the judges off? If so, please share with all of us.

IDK: it's not like them to do a substance lacking, totally vapid design.

Now, DCP and conventional fans would DEFINITELY lose their #### if Blue Devils did a Lars Von Trier show :tounge2:

Well, the Cadets already broached Von Trier in '05 ("rattle crash bang!" or whatever the heck Bjork said) so maybe we're ready for it.

Funny, though, about BD and movies. "Through A Glass, Darkly" is a film title, albeit unrelated to BD's show. "Godfather." "Casablanca." The Dick Tracy essence of '96. The Bernard Herrman tribute in '00. ...Why am I just noticing this?

Just joking guys...but seriously, something wasn't kosher tonight, admit it...

Just joking guys...but seriously, something wasn't kosher tonight, admit it...

Your passion for the Bluecoats is inspiring. But only when it's positive. You're channeling your passion in the wrong direction and it's coming off as childish. Come off it.

• Like 3