2015 Predictions

But look at what judges have been rewarding lately.

2014 - Felliniesque

2013 - E=MC2

2012 - Cabaret Voltaire

2011 - Between Angles & Demons

2010 - Through A Glass Darkly

Non Angli, sed angeli.

• Like 3

But look at what judges have been rewarding lately.

2014 - Felliniesque

2013 - E=MC2

2012 - Cabaret Voltaire

2011 - Between Angels & Demons

2010 - Through A Glass Darkly

All of which have a little more thematic substance than what the Cadet's concept is this year.

Now don't get me wrong. I'm excited to see them return to just playing/marching/spinning their ##### off, but I'm just worried that they're going to have this technically proficient powerhouse of a corps that ends up getting bypassed by the other heavy hitters who've got a little more depth to their design.

Obviously, I'm still allowed to love their show, even if the judges feel there are stronger programs out there. I just want to see them win gold again. :)

Edit: to not spell like a dumb-A

IDK, Cadets 2014 was a fairly straight forward show and they did pretty well so I think the judges are willing to reward proficiency and I don't think this show (from what can be seen on the vids), lacks depth. I think they are just laying the framework and can layer.

yes, there are a few tricks up the sleeve to be added prior to the various regionals according GH's webinar talks the past few months. Different ending is already learned by the MMs.

Oh I don't doubt they have stuff planned to add throughout the season. And as long as those additions steer clear of large tarps with numbers on them, I should be fine. :)

• Like 5

hope those 'tricks' add to the show, unlike the late-season gimmicks from last year

These aren't gimmicks, it's a scheduled layering of the show to keep the kids and judges engaged. I agree last year's gimmicks at the end of the show were more of a last effort to save a show that already peaked. Structural issues such as poorly staging a monster percussion line was more detrimental IMO than the tacky banners. Edited by Tobias
  • Like 2

These aren't gimmicks, it's a scheduled layering of the show to keep the kids and judges engaged.

And in June of last year, they might have been calling the tarps and giant flags the same thing, mightn't they?

And in June of last year, they might have been calling the tarps and giant flags the same thing, mightn't they?

Tarps n banners were planned very late. In fact, the kids were promised the closer rewrite would be a fast Cadets ending and there was a big push back from the members when they went in the other direction.
  • Like 1

Eleran, I'm not disagreeing with you questioning some of their design choices, I'm just saying I'm not seeing a lot of bad design choices or structural issues from THIS season from what I've seen.

• Like 1