2015 Predictions

Periscope 3:05 Brass Arc. Follow Gino Cipriani if anyone's interested.

Edited by Tobias

Even most of the visual staff last year didn't WANT the tarps and Capital (which should have been a White House if at all.)

As some had to learn the hard way, what flies in weekend MB, particularly BOA, isn't necessarily going to fly in 24/7 DCI, particularly when not amazingly done.

I understand the "tricks" are mostly drill stuff, not prop stuff. Here's hoping.

Eleran, I'm not disagreeing with you questioning some of their design choices, I'm just saying I'm not seeing a lot of bad design choices or structural issues from THIS season from what I've seen.

And I haven't actually commented yet on this season's visual design choices yet, so we can agree to let last year remain in the past.

Unfortunately, we burst out laughing at the first live show wher the droopy Capitol was raised. That was not the intended reaction; and it was a discouraging moment considering how well the Cadets were cranking out Simple Gifts across acres of football field.

So, JW is wrong. Hmmmm ... I don't think so.

Edit: We are talking about design -- not music, arranging, brass/perc/guard instruction. Those you've listed certainly contribute once the design is created, but they don't create it. IMHO

I'm a little late chiming in but the Program Coordinator for last year is long gone. Everyone except the Corps Director, and a couple of percussion guys has moved on.

• Like 1

Fiedler believes there is something powerful about coming out at your first competition and performing something nobody has heard or seen at all. As much as I love little teases, I'm inclined to agree with him. At least with the backstage stuff we get to see what they are doing a bit

Source: Fiedler himself when I auditioned for SCV for the 2014 season

Not to be funny, but I wonder why? Arent most past shows on YouTube now?

• Like 1

Not to be funny, but I wonder why? Arent most past shows on YouTube now?

For the first question, I think it just has to do with surprise, you get to work with a blank slate of an audience, they don't have any firmly held opinions on the show. For the second question, I'm not sure how past shows apply? They also aren't generally on YouTube... I think I am just misunderstanding your question

Aren't most past shows on YouTube now?

No.