2015 Predictions

when they compete head-to-head we can say that

Agree 100%

Blue Knights should grab #6 - or Cavaliers

Too soon to make a call on Troopers and others... Top 12 race could get very dicey

In the top group I'd say in 4-5 spot - SCV has the GE edge, and a whale of the drum line. So I'd pencil them currently as 4th and Crown as 5th -- although I also had them 5th last night with Crown in 4th - I wasn't at the show, just watching...

Top group I agree - in the end Bluecoats have the best show to push GE in the end. Cadets have incredible strength in music. BD is wicked strong also with visual/guard their competitive strength

If by next weekend Cadets pull away a little we MAY have a front runner for Gold - as things stand those 3 are the likely medal corps with the slight edge to Cadets by the .1 slimmest of margins!

I agree with that for sure.

• Like 1

Post first "Regional" MAYBE NOT ACTUALLY A REGIONAL I dunno weekend:

1) Cadets and Blue Devils are obvious 1 - 2 right now, BD has the Visual advantage and Cadets the music and GE IMO. That new ending is killer.

2) Bluecoats not too far behind, apparently there's a new something coming this week, and I am beyond excited to see what it is. Clean that visual package and you'll be fine. GE out the butt.

3) SCV not too far behind them.

4) Carolina Crown.............I was expecting the changes to do more for me. I don't know, we'll see.

5) Blue Knights are HOT, with some changes and adjustments, this show will compete for 6. They're performing like it already. Just gotta get that theme across a little more and you are set, I'm getting the vibe.

6) If the Cavaliers can get their guard scores up they'll pull away from Phantom. They're sounding GOOD.

7) Phantom is at a crossroads. They can make some really good changes and the show can start to sparkle, or they can make more like the added voiceovers last night and turn it into BOA finals.

8) Blue Stars and Boston have REALLY promising GE and content numbers across the board in the long run, especially Blue Stars. Just keep cleaning you two.

9) Madison is fantastic, maybe not as much room to grow as the two above them, but they're definitely in finals IMO. New ending is killer.

10) I'm not sure about Crossmen, they're cleaning well, but the show doesn't get any kind of reaction out of me. Needs more of "it".

11) We will know if Troopers numbers are overblown or the real deal this week, IMO somewhere in the middle. If their show cleans well, I could see them knocking on the door of finals.

12) Colts and The Academy as well, we'll see this week what's what, but IMO 9 - 12 need to watch out for a few corps, they're coming in hot.

13) Spirit, don't know about finals, but it's an improvement over last year.

14) Mandarins, OC, and Pacific Crest. All great shows, all very entertaining, and all VERY good.

15) Cascades and Surf both with really fun shows, enjoy Cascades quite a bit more. When they get it cleaned they're going to be at least a solid 20th or so, which is not a bad place to be. Surf needs a new visual designer, not helping.

16) No idea about Pioneer since they were sans competition this weekend.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 5

This is the first year where I wouldn't mind any of the top Four corps winning it all. I would say five, because I like SCV show, but I don't feel they have a realistic chance at winning.

Agreed. I think they could make a very strong run and medal, but I dont see them winning and right now I have them taking 5th at the end of the year

• Like 1

Now my questions are

do the Cadets keep pushing and winning shows over top corps?

what happens when bluecoats are thrown in a show with them as well?

does crown close the gap and snag a show or two?

I know this is kind of far fetched but can the cavaliers close the gap between 6th and 5th and make it even more interesting of a season?

and what about the bottom half of the top 12 it is an absolute brawl down there, how will that end up?

so many questions with answers to come.

• Like 1

Now my questions are

I know this is kind of far fetched but can the cavaliers close the gap between 6th and 5th and make it even more interesting of a season?

and what about the bottom half of the top 12 it is an absolute brawl down there, how will that end up?

I have my theories, especially for 8th - 15th. We shall see. Edited by DrumManTx

I hope the troopers find a way into finals, they are my favorite underdog.

• Like 1

Now my questions are

I think the Cavies should think about getting past BK before they start thinking about the gap between 6th and 5th.