2015 Predictions

I do understand that rooting for a "team" you were a part of in the past is only human nature. Some of the posters on this site take that rooting to all sorts of weird places, as if they have some impact on placements or deserve recognition if their (former) corps does well. Yikes.

Anyhoo, it's a bummer that so few top corps went to Drums Along the Rockies this year.

rooting for my home team

1.glassmen

2. Everyone else

Do I have a chance?

rooting for my home team

1.glassmen

2. Everyone else

Do I have a chance?

Pardon? A chance at what?

predicting correctly. Have to cheat for that home team

lol.... sorry, I took myself too seriously there.

Well done :tounge2:

Guys...my opinion is just that, just an opinion! Don't take things personally....lol

• Like 1

Yea I like what the Cadets are doing. Crown's color guard is really awesome this year. Too bad Buecoats are not competing tonight at Minnesota but It's good that they are doing the other shows so people get to see a top corps.

Yea I like what the Cadets are doing. Crown's color guard is really awesome this year. Too bad Buecoats are not competing tonight at Minnesota but It's good that they are doing the other shows so people get to see a top corps.

I'd consider Blue Knights a top corps as well, and the other ones are #### entertaining. If I had to pick one I'd probably go to Denver because of Bluecoats, BK does awesome encores, and the rest of the shows are some of the most entertaining of the year. Personally. And it's a helluva lot closer. lol

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 5

This is my favorite Cadets show since 2011. I'd like to see them edge out BD.

And yes, there has been a dearth this year of top 12 corps in any of the more northerly western shows and clearly at Denver. Anyone know what's up with that? Is it coincidence? Finances? Do they not like us here in any western state except Cali?

With all due respect to BK and Bloo, the Minnesota roster looks a bit lopsided.

Edited by luv4corps
  • Like 1

I'm curious. At head-to-head shows, in how many shows have Cadets beaten Blue Devils in brass? How many times have they beaten Crown in brass? Also, in how many shows have Cadets beaten Bluecoats in Brass? I'm just too lazy to look it up and I have chores to do.

I think Cadets won brass over BD 2 of the 3 times they met, and they have beat Crown 4 times or more this year. Cadets brass is not joke, of course they are typically top 3 most years. I don't know if it will stay that way. The more demand in visual the more the opportunity for the judges to hear feet. With their new ending they do have a lot to clean.

But as of right now I think BD and Cadets are 1A and 1B. I'd say Crown and Bluecoats are 2A and 2B. I have not seen SCV live, but I LOVE the visual program and their guard, and percussion will be a strength, but brass and overall music GE didn't grab me on the DCI Live event I saw. I'd say they are 5th right now, but they can certainly turn it on.

I still contend that Bluecoats will make the push in late July going into August and be among the top 2, maybe even first when it's all said and done. Too much GE. I could see GE visual and Visual ex hurting them a little if that show doesn't clean.

But I will also say this: I would be SHOCKED if The Cadets were NOT top 2.