2015 Predictions

I don't see how BLOO or Crown DOESN'T pass them. Both of their shows are just growing so much right now. Cadets, on the other hand, might be able to introduce some new stuff to edge those corps out. I just saw the new Cadets closer and man, they are HAULING (the sound coming out of those horns when they are doing that is, well, not so good).

I don't know...they are definitely going to be looking in the rear view mirror all the way into finals!

I am sure you're a nice fellow from a fine family.

Your posts make my head hurt.

• Like 4

i predict in 24 hours people will be comparing 2 shows with different judges hundreds of miles away from each other and finding a rationale behind it

They're not a few hundred miles away, they're a few mouse clicks away, and many judges will find what other judges are giving on the same night relevant as we move forward. If it weren't true, then why would rankings usually hold true when everyone gets together? The whole different show different judges argument isn't as true as it used to be.

Edited by KAW

As of tonight we have:

1) BD

2) BLOO

3) Crown

4) Cadets

5) SCV

Although Cadets last score was from the 5th, I still think this may be the order going into semis come August (in fact I wouldn't be surprised to see SCV pass Cadets, but their hornline is gonna have to be squeaky clean). It's gonna be TIGHT though (maybe 1.5 points between #1 and #5)!

# Corps Last Prev Diff Wghtd Last

1 Blue Devils 83.700 82.600 +1.100 82.980 Jul 08

2 Bluecoats 83.300 80.350 +2.950 81.645 Jul 10

3 Carolina Crown 82.900 81.700 +1.200 82.025 Jul 08

4 The Cadets 82.550 82.300 +0.250 82.150 Jul 05

5 Santa Clara Vanguard 82.300 79.000 +3.300 80.885 Jul 09

No.
  • Like 1

I just saw the new Cadets closer and man, they are HAULING (the sound coming out of those horns when they are doing that is, well, not so good).

Yes, that's why they're currently the frontrunner for the Ott this year. Do you hear the things you say sometimes? Lol.

• Like 2

I saw the Cadets LIVE in Allentown two weeks ago and Clifton last week. Their brass line is superb. Probably their best ever. Periscope vids are not of the greatest quality and combine that with the limited field of view, they are deceiving. Take another look and listen tonight in Minn.

• Like 1

Yes, that's why they're currently the frontrunner for the Ott this year. Do you hear the things you say sometimes? Lol.

I'm curious. At head-to-head shows, in how many shows have Cadets beaten Blue Devils in brass? How many times have they beaten Crown in brass? Also, in how many shows have Cadets beaten Bluecoats in Brass? I'm just too lazy to look it up and I have chores to do.

I'm curious. At head-to-head shows, in how many shows have Cadets beaten Blue Devils in brass? How many times have they beaten Crown in brass? Also, in how many shows have Cadets beaten Bluecoats in Brass? I'm just too lazy to look it up and I have chores to do.

Last time Cadets competed (7/5) they beat BD in brass 16.5 to 16.3.

They beat Crown the day before 16.3 to 16.1.

Don't know when they last met Bluecoats.

Updating my predictions

Cadets

Bad

Crown

SCV

Bloo

Crown is gaining momentum and strong in so many captions, and Bloo is fizzling out (just like their closer). SCV still missing the magic ingredient to break into medals.

Edited by defeldus

I do understand that rooting for a "team" you were a part of in the past is only human nature. Some of the posters on this site take that rooting to all sorts of weird places, as if they have some impact on placements or deserve recognition if their (former) corps does well. Yikes.

Anyhoo, it's a bummer that so few top corps went to Drums Along the Rockies this year.

Edited by cajal
  • Like 2