What a crazy July this will be.

Wow, as of tonight:

1) BLOO

2) Cadets

3) BD

4) SCV

5) Crown

well not really, bluecoats werent even at the same show. If I have learned anything this year its that being at the same show matters a lot, in terms of scores.

I don't see how BLOO or Crown DOESN'T pass them. Both of their shows are just growing so much right now. Cadets, on the other hand, might be able to introduce some new stuff to edge those corps out. I just saw the new Cadets closer and man, they are HAULING (the sound coming out of those horns when they are doing that is, well, not so good).

I don't know...they are definitely going to be looking in the rear view mirror all the way into finals!

The Cadets also just ended the Blue Devils undefeated streak. They are def. in the top 3, I would even say a lock in for top 2

Let's be honest though, The Cadets may have beaten the blue devils but those scores were super super tight, we still dont have a clear 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 5th.

Its going to be a throwdown at the first championship when all the corps will be there.

• Like 3

Good shows last night. Great score for Bluecoats in Denver. Puts them in the mix, and I think most of us knew they were in the mix. Cadets hand BD their first loss in 1 and 1/3 seasons. Certainly both Cadets and BD are in the mix.

To me Bloo, Cadets, and BD are your top 3. After seeing Cadets pull-off that show last night I think it's clear that will be TOUGH to beat if they clean that beast. I still think Bloo has the better overall GE, but it's close. BD has the best legs and can hold their own in every performance captions (brass, perc, guard, and visual ex). You can never count out BD. They could win tonight.

SCV and Carolina are 4 and 5 at the moment until I see either one make a move. I did like the changes made by Carolina. I personally had them over SCV, but when you think about it, SCV has this awesome visual drill and amazing drums, and they can hold their own in brass, guard, and marching ex. Carolina seems to have better music GE and their brass is awesome.

Cavaliers, Blue Knights, and Phantom are 6, 7, 8. I could see BK hitting that 6 spot. Cavies still quite dirty and need to keep cleaning.

Blue Stars, Madison, Boston, Crossmen would be my best guess for 9, 10, 11, 12 --- BUT TROOP wants in, so does Academy and a few others. Getting into, and staying in, the top 12 will be very difficult.

• Like 2

Wow, as of tonight:

1) BLOO

2) Cadets

3) BD

4) SCV

5) Crown

when they compete head-to-head we can say that

Good shows last night. Great score for Bluecoats in Denver. Puts them in the mix, and I think most of us knew they were in the mix. Cadets hand BD their first loss in 1 and 1/3 seasons. Certainly both Cadets and BD are in the mix.

To me Bloo, Cadets, and BD are your top 3. After seeing Cadets pull-off that show last night I think it's clear that will be TOUGH to beat if they clean that beast. I still think Bloo has the better overall GE, but it's close. BD has the best legs and can hold their own in every performance captions (brass, perc, guard, and visual ex). You can never count out BD. They could win tonight.

SCV and Carolina are 4 and 5 at the moment until I see either one make a move. I did like the changes made by Carolina. I personally had them over SCV, but when you think about it, SCV has this awesome visual drill and amazing drums, and they can hold their own in brass, guard, and marching ex. Carolina seems to have better music GE and their brass is awesome.

Cavaliers, Blue Knights, and Phantom are 6, 7, 8. I could see BK hitting that 6 spot. Cavies still quite dirty and need to keep cleaning.

Blue Stars, Madison, Boston, Crossmen would be my best guess for 9, 10, 11, 12 --- BUT TROOP wants in, so does Academy and a few others. Getting into, and staying in, the top 12 will be very difficult.

Agree 100%

Blue Knights should grab #6 - or Cavaliers

Too soon to make a call on Troopers and others... Top 12 race could get very dicey

In the top group I'd say in 4-5 spot - SCV has the GE edge, and a whale of the drum line. So I'd pencil them currently as 4th and Crown as 5th -- although I also had them 5th last night with Crown in 4th - I wasn't at the show, just watching...

Top group I agree - in the end Bluecoats have the best show to push GE in the end. Cadets have incredible strength in music. BD is wicked strong also with visual/guard their competitive strength

If by next weekend Cadets pull away a little we MAY have a front runner for Gold - as things stand those 3 are the likely medal corps with the slight edge to Cadets by the .1 slimmest of margins!

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 1

The fight for that twelfth spot is going to be interesting (Troopers, Academy, Pacific Crest); in addition, the fight not to end up in that twelfth spot (Blue Stars, Madison Scouts, Boston Crusaders, Crossmen) is going to be interesting, too. Three big weekends coming up.

• Like 1

The fight for that twelfth spot is going to be interesting (Troopers, Academy, Pacific Crest); in addition, the fight not to end up in that twelfth spot (Blue Stars, Madison Scouts, Boston Crusaders, Crossmen) is going to be interesting, too. Three big weekends coming up.

Don't forget about the Colts!

well not really, bluecoats werent even at the same show. If I have learned anything this year its that being at the same show matters a lot, in terms of scores.

Different shows or not, Bloo is on top of the "leader board" right now and they should feel proud of that. No one would have thought fifteen years ago we would be saying that.

• Like 2