2015 Predictions

As would I, dev. Most assuredly and heartily. But...what is wrong with aiming high? I've always felt that we often, at best, achieve the level of which we aim. Aim for 12th...get 12th...FANTASTIC!! Aim for 10th...don't reach it...but finish 11th? In the long run, I (and maybe it's just me) will take the second eventuality every day of the week...and twice on Sunday, as they say. In the end however, I remain first and foremost, an ardent fan and supporter of the Troopers from Casper, Wyoming. And I will be proud of the young men and women who constitute the membership of that group. No eventual placement number will change that. My level of happiness? Maybe. But my pride and support? Not on your life. And not in a million lifetimes.

The Troopers fan in me says, “Get back to finals.” The instructor/performer in me says, “Max out” scores and placements be ######. 12th place would be just great, but shoot for the moon and max out, then 12th can easily end up 9th or 8th.

I’m from Wyoming…but I came into the activity in Kansas and unfortunately I didn’t march with the Troopers. I’ve always loved the Troopers and one of my few regrets, for the years I didn’t march, was not going there. Like you, I’m exceedingly proud of the organization and their approach to our beloved activity. Max out Troopers…Max out!

Edited by devsabre
  • Like 2

The Troopers fan in me says, “Get back to finals.”

The Troopers have made finals- Once in the last 27 years.

Edited by 777hornman

2 times in 28 years doesn't really sound too unrealistic.

To borrow the Christopher Reeve quote which I first heard in the Trooper's 2009 film "Hellbent For Victory":

"So many of our dreams at first seem impossible; then they seem improbable; and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable."

Just a hunch...but I think Trooper's 2015 season will again bring this to fruition, just as it did in 2009. Again, just an uneducated hunch.

Edited by HornTeacher
  • Like 1

12th place would be just great, but shoot for the moon and max out, then 12th can easily end up 9th or 8th.

I don't think anything is easy in drum corps. Especially making finals and moving up to the single digits. I'd say one of the most competitive (and interesting) areas is at the bottom 6. There are going to be a lot of hungry corps next year trying to crack 12th place and also fight in the 12th - 8th pack. Should be fun to see!

Edited by hammondbrass
  • Like 1

I’m from Wyoming…but I came into the activity in Kansas and unfortunately I didn’t march with the Troopers. ... Max out Troopers…Max out!

He was born in Wyoming, raised in Kansas, and lived in Colorado. And this is what he said. This is what Dev Sabre said: "Max out!"
Hmmm ... not sure it has the right ring to it ...
  • Like 1

He was born in Wyoming, raised in Kansas, and lived in Colorado. And this is what he said. This is what Dev Sabre said: "Max out!"
Hmmm ... not sure it has the right ring to it ...

Since we're in the historical quote twisting mood...

"I only regret that I have but one like to give to this posting." -- Nathan Acheson Rondinaro Hale

I don't think anything is easy in drum corps. Especially making finals and moving up to the single digits. I'd say one of the most competitive (and interesting) areas is at the bottom 6. There are going to be a lot of hungry corps next year trying to crack 12th place and also fight in the 12th - 8th pack. Should be fun to see!

I was making this same argument, more or less, a year ago with reference to 2014, and what actually happened was that 10-15 sorted out quickly and didn't change much for the duration of the season. That surprised me.

In that tier, I expect 2015 to be just as competitive as 2014, but I would like to see more fluidity. Any more, it seems that the most crucial show of the year is the first one, because the chances are very slim that your relative position to other corps will change during the season.