Notable Records maybe not mentioned

Sorry to necro this, but Bob Dubinski's lines did win high drums twice. 80 Bridgemen and 91 Star.

ScoJo did win High Drums with both SCV and BD. 91 SCV took home High Drums, and of course BD has won it a bunch

False. The Oregon Crusaders won in 2012 and the Vanguard Cadets won in 2013.

I think that West Coat's claim was in regard to percussion score only--thus the use of the phrase "Open Class Drum Champs"--in which case, I'm pretty sure the claim is correct that BDB did beat overall champions OC '12 and SCVC '13 in percussion at Open Class Finals those years.

Dubious record???

I am certain the front office in Canton is spinning this as "Seventh Heaven."

At least it seems like a "bitter sweet" accomplishment: Bluecoats were good enough at some point of the season to beat everyone but in the end "only" finished seventh (in a pretty darn strong year of drum corps).

I believe Crossmen had the highest 12th place score ever as well. Interestingly, 1988 Suncoast Sound still holds the record for highest 10th place score, even 25 years later.

1988 was one hell of a competitive season. I believe that the major reason Suncoast placed no higher than 10th was because of the white hot competition going on between the whole top 12. Put that show in any average year and it would place significantly higher.